Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Konica Minolta 17-35mm

I picked up the Konica Minolta 17-35mm lens to shoot wide with the a850. I have never been good at these type shots. This is not an HDR but I shot for the windows and pushed the shadows. The picture is a little soft on the edges and I had to correct for some CA, mostly in the corners, in Lightroom. Some dodging and burning here and there.
    I shot both the a77 and a850 at a dropping sun a couple of days ago and prefered the OVF over the EVF. I just don't see the EVF replaceing a good optical one just yet. I think to many pros will drop and run.
    I really enjoy shooting FF and don't miss the crop factor much. The a77 and NEX 7 can stand their ground with high ISO noise levels with the a850. But the a850 will smoke them in DR and color depth. If you like shooting manual the a850 is the way to go. I owe you Terry for pointing me in that direction to begin with, Thanks.
    I really like the simplicity of the a850. Just a manual camera no bells and whistles just great IQ. I am selling my E1 so I can up a Leica Summicron R 50mm and a adaptor. Stay tuned.

Stay Back by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

ELS

Re: Konica Minolta 17-35mm

Nice work Greg.

Looks like Konica Minolta 17-35mm & A850 combo,
    is working together, well for you...

Have a nice day,

Ed

looks great~

It appears that the lens produces rather high CA. The windows on the left exhibit quite a bit on the vertical margins.

Thread Information