• 02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
    Photo-John
    Sony Alpha A55 Studio Samples Posted
    High-res studio samples taken with the Sony Alpha SLT-A55 at all ISO settings are live and ready for viewing!

Sony Alpha SLT-A55 Studio Sample Photos >>

I'm working on the Nikon D7000 samples next. The reason I mention that is they're supposed to both be using the same sensor. I haven't done a close comparison yet. But I am interested to see how the two companies have managed the image quality differently.
  • 02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
    Anbesol
    Re: Sony Alpha A55 Studio Samples Posted
    Awesome! Thanks for posting that! I am surprised how clean the grain is on a cheap camera!

I expect that the Nikon will have the edge on high ISO, but I am interested to find out how much of an edge that is.
  • 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: Sony Alpha A55 Studio Samples Posted
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Anbesol
    Awesome! Thanks for posting that! I am surprised how clean the grain is on a cheap camera!

I expect that the Nikon will have the edge on high ISO, but I am interested to find out how much of an edge that is.

I am curious, too. And for what it's worth, I just shot a snowboarder all day with the A55 and I think it went very well. I haven't had a chance to take a close look at the photos yet but the more I use this camera the more I am impressed.