• 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
    drg
    Sony alpha 33/55 Sigma Lens Notice
    Users of the Sony alpha 33 and alpha 55 cameras may have an aperture control problem with some models of Sony Mount Sigma Lenses. A free modification is available. Sigma Corporation has issued a service notice regarding this:

Notice to Sony alpha 33 and alpha 55 owners using Sigma’s Sony fit lenses

Further information about how to contact Sigma and take advantage of this free modification is available at:

Sigma Service & Support
  • 09-15-2010, 12:21 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: Sony alpha 33/55 Sigma Lens Notice
    One of these days Sigma will learn that it's worthwhile to license the A-mount. – Terry
  • 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM
    PWhite214
    Re: Sony alpha 33/55 Sigma Lens Notice
    Last Friday I found a Sigma 500mm prime, f7.2 lens for a very good price. I purchased it, brought it home, then saw the thread on Dyxum. Thinking 'ooh dang it' then realized, I love the Sony Alpha's I have now and probably won't buy either of the new cameras any time in the foreseeable future. So, now I am back to being a happy camper.

The only thing I an contemplating in the near future is the possibility of selling the A200's to finance the purchase of another A700.

With all that said, I would like to see Sigma keeping up by licensing the A-mount so no one would have to worry about future development.

Phil