• 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
    gracedissolved
    "Rec Inital" Error Konica Minolta DiMAGE G600
    I have a KM Dimage G600 that I love dearly. A few weeks ago I left it in a bag in my room and by the time I remembered where it was hidden, the battery was drained. I charged the battery and since then, I cannot use the Menu. The camera takes pictures fine, but when I press the menu button I get an error that reads "Now REC INITIAL..." and then pops back to the normal camera.

Any idea what is wrong? Is my camera out of menu-mode for good? I was using it a lot to make short videos and now I can't. I don't really have the money to buy a new camera, so if anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be very grateful.
  • 01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: "Rec Inital" Error Konica Minolta DiMAGE G600
    Sorry to hear about the problem. Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? That's always the first thing to try when you have a mysterious electronic problem. Taking out the battery resets some of the camera functions and clears the memory. I would also try removing the memory card. If the problem is with the memory card the problem should go away when you take it out or put in another one.

Looking at the error, I'm wondering if it's possible that the camera mode got changed. you say you mostly use it for videos. That looks like a video-related message to me. Have you tried changing the mode?

Try that stuff and see if it makes any difference. Taking out the battery may seem silly. But it's your best bet. I know you said you charged it. But sometimes there are just strange, unexplicable electronic failures that clearing the memory will fix.

Got my fingers crossed for you...
  • 01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
    gracedissolved
    John: Thanks for the tips, but no luck so far...
    I already tried taking out the battery and memory card and letting the camera "chill" for a day or two a few times. I can't change the camera mode without pressing the "Mode" button, so I'm stuck.
  • 01-30-2007, 04:30 PM
    Photo-John
    I'm sorry. It sounds like the camera might be done for. Sony is supposedly servicing the KM cameras. But their service reputation isn't so great. It looks like you might have to buy a new camera. There's not much you can do when the electronics start to have a will of their own.
  • 03-09-2007, 01:15 AM
    bordersandflags
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gracedissolved
    John: Thanks for the tips, but no luck so far...
    I already tried taking out the battery and memory card and letting the camera "chill" for a day or two a few times. I can't change the camera mode without pressing the "Mode" button, so I'm stuck.

I own the G600, and i think i've seen this screen before... try taking out the memory card and press the menu button. Or press the play button...

-josh
  • 05-01-2007, 09:35 AM
    Pontius87
    I have exactly the same problem.

When I open the camera to take pictures pressing the menu button gives 'Now rec initial' and jumps back to normal photo taking mode.
    When I'm in 'play' mode pressing the menu gives the normal menu.

Have tried taking out card and pressing menu/ play/ both together gives system error 00653 00395
    Camera has been left without battery for two days but to no avail...

If you can remember how you solved this rec initial problem please post here :) Dig deep into your (SD) memory:)

'dimage g600 error' in google leads here btw