• 02-03-2011, 01:28 AM
    Anbesol
    Raw thumbnail viewing on windows 64
    My new laptop (yaaaaah), is my first 64 bit Win 7 OS machine (others are 32-bit). Viewing raw thumbnails in windows explorer doesn't work with Sony's ARW, and I can't seem to find the right downlaod for picture motion browser. Anybody else here know the right way to be able to view sonys raw thumbnails on 64 bit win 7? Thanks!
  • 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM
    OldClicker
    Re: Raw thumbnail viewing on windows 64
    Careful - Older versions of Sony's software can cause a complete melt down and require a complete OS re-install. I'll have more info shortly. - Terry

EDIT - What camera and what version of Picture Motion Browser (or Image Data Converter SR) do you have?
  • 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM
    OldClicker
  • 02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
    Anbesol
    Awesome, thank you Terry!

Glad I didn't have the original disc, I might have tried it.

*edit - link to the file is broken, weird. I'll try navigating around that.
  • 02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
    NoKnees
    I'll try to remember to check the thread when I get home and reply from there. I too had to look around to find the raw driver after doing a new system build.

One thing to keep in mind, I it's just reading an embedded thumbnail of some sort, rather than giving you any kind of on-the-fly accurate conversion or rendering of the image. Still, it's completely useful for seeing what the shot is, but don't use it to evaluate the image in any technical way without loading it in a raw processor/editor first...
  • 02-07-2011, 11:26 PM
    PWhite214
    I use IRFANVIEW for viewing raw files, it reads almost anything, and it is free :)

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Phil