Problems with Dimage Z6?

Printable View

• 07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
    LanieG
    Problems with Dimage Z6?
    My Dimage z6 has developed a problem. I took pictures one weekend, but the next time I turned the camera on, I could view photos (that I took prior to having the problem), and download them to my computer. The camera won't stay on when in the picture-taking mode and the view in the viewfinder is darkened/distorted. The camera only stays on a few seconds; the zoom seems to try to move; then the camera shuts down. I have seen on the forums that the Dimage Z7 has a similar problem that is being repaired at no charge by Sony? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I HAVE tried new batteries. Any suggestions for a quick fix?
  • 09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
    shackman
    Re: Problems with Dimage Z6?
    Sounds like same problem, did you get yours resolved?

Also a Dimage z6: Turn on camera, picture on lcd appears zoomed in and blurry, previous pictures taken view normally, turn off but lens does not retract and high pitch beep along with red light.

When this happened first time last year (also had just taken pictures-tried to take more and same problem except no long beep), sent in for repair-repair slip said "electronic adjustment".

Is there a defective part or is this something I can fix without sending in again? IF still under extended warranty am worried how to fix the NEXT time or even this time (called directly to Sony- quoted $195.93 to repair).
  • 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM
    shackman
    Re: Problems with Dimage Z6?
    Problem resolved! I finally talked to the right person. Take the batteries out, push and hold down the on/off button for 1 minute, then put the batteries back in and the lcd was back to normal and lens retracted as usual. He did say if it continued to do this then it will need to be sent in, but this is a quick fix and hopefully it's fixed for now/permanently.