• 10-29-2013, 06:21 AM
    Photo-John
    5 Attachment(s)
    Playing With the Sony Alpha A7 and A7R
    I'm in Nashville with Sony for the next few days to check out their new cameras, including the A7 and A7R full-frame mirrorless cameras. I've got to head out for a day of shooting but I wanted to share a few product shots before I disappeared for the day. The first photo was actually taken with the A7.

More to come!

Attachment 92305

Attachment 92306

Attachment 92307

Attachment 92308

Attachment 92309
  • 10-29-2013, 08:05 AM
    armando_m
    Re: Playing With the Sony Alpha A7 and A7R
    Interesting , someone has to be innovating :)

The body looks quite small with some of those lenses and I can't shake the impression they will be unbalanced, too much lens on a little body , kind of like attaching a big FX lens to a mirrorless camera

is the body metal ? it does look like it
    someone will attach a 24-70 f2.8 zoom ... will it stand it once hanging from the strap ?
    maybe the images are deceiving, are the lenses any smaller than the regular FX lenses ?
    is the body contact with a tripod big enough to withstand the load of a big lens attached to the little body ?

wonder what would happen to this cameras if accidentally dropped , with them being close to 2k dollars ... hmm

I have dropped cameras to the floor, but all were DSLRs and survived ok

... just wondering
  • 11-07-2013, 06:25 PM
    Photo-John
    I just finished my A7R preview article:

Sony Alpha A7R Preview >>

To answer your concerns about big lenses and durability, I used the A7R all day with the LA-EA3 adapter and the A-mount 24-70mm f/2.8 Zeiss and it didn't feel precarious at all. Later that night I used it with the A-mount 70-400mm and that was fine, too. The body is actually pretty burly - all metal. My guess is it's nearly as durable, if not as durable, as a DSLR. As for dropping it - if you drop a DSLR with a big lens you're likely to do some damage. The best solution is to not drop it :)
  • 02-12-2015, 03:28 AM
    asalspammer
    Leaked, maybe on purpose but still an interesting camera.
  • 11-18-2015, 02:16 AM
    colinmark44
    ok i agree with you
  • 04-22-2016, 09:28 PM
    seokeys2
    Thanks for this Remarkable Post..........
  • 11-16-2019, 02:19 AM
    minion89
    The camera is very beautiful and has many features. It is very compact. I really like this camera.
    boxnovel