Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: a850 vs a77

a850 vs a77

I have been working when I can to compare the two cameras. It is taking a little time to wean myself off of the articulating screens, live view, ect. I know now I prefer the OVF and always will. Shooting into the sun with a EVF can be a PITA. But shooting at night the EVF shines. Anyway the first shot is with the a850 and the second the a77. I shot vivid so added little to no saturation, fill light, clarity, adjust WB slightly, contrast and cloned some very small distractions.
    You can clearly see the difference I don't know if I should be thrilled with the a850 or disappointed with the a77. The a850 is clearly a better camera. I also like not having a crop factor. I guess the a850 will be my main rig after all and I will use the a77 for night shooting, my daugters ballet and soccer games. 3fps is a little slow for soccer. All in all I think my move to Sony was a good one. I am glad I did it and hope I am set for a long time short of an equipment failure. I do think I am going to do my best to stay full frame as long as Sony makes one and will be disappointed if they go with a EVF in the next one.

Canons by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

Canon,-a77 by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: a850 vs a77

Nice photos... The a850 shot does stand out a bit... Always difficult to tell what is lens vs camera, but in the end, the total package for the a850 shot is a winner here, no matter what contributes to that fact.

And yes, one camera doesn't replace the other, they just have their own strengths. Put them together in your tool bag and you've just got more strengths to work with... It's all good!

Thread Information