Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

More on the 'A77'!

Sony presented a new A77 prototype today at the conference in Japan with their typical 'almost ready' transparent case. Looking good with enough buttons for (almost) everybody. The OVF-no-matter-what fans are, of course, seriously bummed. Here are some shots and a link.

http://en.akihabaranews.com/83788/ca...er-nex-wonders

TF
    Last edited by Photo-John; 02-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Re: More on the 'A77'!

The article this came from is horribly written. It kind of loses credibility by sheer number of grammar and spelling errors.

Anyway - thats awesome, I'm excited to see a pro-body in the SLT line. My goal is to move to full frame, but this might turn me its way instead. The convenience and practicality, the not making huge clacking noises every time you release the shutter, and video capacity all are pretty alluring features.

Curious if they intend to make a "20 something" Megapixelin APS or larger? The mirror path looked sort of big in those pics...

Photo Of Transparent Body A77 Camera

*edit - looked it up, looking at a possible 25 megapixel APS...
    Last edited by Photo-John; 02-10-2011 at 01:07 PM.

This is a very cool. But guys - please only post your own photos on the site! Feel free to link to relevant photos on their home sites. But we need to take the higher road here as far as photo ownership and usage goes. Terry - you do know the photos you uploaded are also in your member gallery marked with your copyright? This is really a big deal. Please remove the photos from your post and from the gallery and then make a new post that links to them. I think this is a great thread but we really need to only post our own photos.

Thanks

I looked at this thread because I've been using the A55 and I'm really curious about what Sony plans to do with the SLT line. I'm finding the camera is very, very good at almost anything. It has its downsides, of course - the biggest one being viewfinder blackout when shooting in burst mode. I also shot some skiing on bright untracked snow today and found the A55 couldn't focus on the snow. Of course, focusing on something bright, white and with no detail is tough. However, based on my snow shooting experience, I think the Canon and Nikon cameras could have done it. And it meant I had to modify the way I took my picture.

Thanks for this thread and thanks for helping us be respectful of photo ownership. Since it's a very important issue to all of us, I think we need to be extra careful here
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    This is a very cool. But guys - please only post your own photos on the site! Feel free to link to relevant photos on their home sites. But we need to take the higher road here as far as photo ownership and usage goes. Terry - you do know the photos you uploaded are also in your member gallery marked with your copyright? This is really a big deal. Please remove the photos from your post and from the gallery and then make a new post that links to them. I think this is a great thread but we really need to only post our own photos.

Thanks for this thread and thanks for helping us be respectful of photo ownership. Since it's a very important issue to all of us, I think we need to be extra careful here
    Though I forgot about the Gallery and will not post photos again, I am quite sure they would be thrilled to have there photos used if there is also a link. Traffic is the name of the game.

Anyway, the Gallery photos are gone, but what can I do about the post??? Please delete it.

TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    Anyway, the Gallery photos are gone, but what can I do about the post??? Please delete it.
    I just removed the photos. Is that ok? Seriously, I wish I didn't have to. Even if they don't mind, we would need their permission if we want to do it right. Thanks a lot and I am sorry.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information