• 03-06-2011, 11:15 AM
    jcandi
    I need help with my Sony camera...
    I accidentally dropped my camera with the lens open. It cracked open a little and I snap it back on. Now, the screen is black. When I try to take a picture, it only take black pictures. My friend told me the lens broke. Can I still get it fixed? Or is it cheaper just to buy a new camera? Thank you in advance for your help.
  • 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: I need help with my Sony camera...
    What camera? - Terry
  • 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM
    jcandi
    It's a Sony Cyber-Shot. It's just a small digital camera.
  • 03-07-2011, 06:49 AM
    OldClicker
    They are not made to come apart so self cleaning would be difficult. You can contact Sony, but my guess is toast. I'm going to reference this post in the more general 'Digital Camera' forum to see if others have any ideas. - Terry
  • 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM
    jcandi
    ={

Thank you. I'll try to contact Sony as well.
  • 07-19-2011, 05:04 AM
    DaveWilky
    Sound to me like the camera is broken and I think the cost of repair would not be as cheap as buying a new camera. there are some very fragile parts inside that cannot take the shock..
  • 08-11-2011, 07:06 AM
    SheetalJain
    I too have a Sony DSC W120 and its LCD display is not showing the pictures clearly. The pictures on the screen are appearing shaky. I had went to outing on a hill station and due to the foggy and rainy atmosphere the camera LCD screen is impacted.

I am not sure as what I need to do for this issue. Please guide me.
  • 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
    Photo-John
    New Thread
    SheetalJain-
    Please go to the main page of the Sony forum and start a new thread. And if you could also include some sample photos so we can get a better idea of the problem, that would help :)
  • 08-15-2011, 01:51 AM
    SheetalJain
    Re: New Thread
    Thanks John for the reply. I will create a new thread for my issue.
  • 12-02-2011, 09:33 PM
    blc78
    I recently purchased the sony dsc hx9v one of the selling points was the hd recording. We leave on a cruise in a few days, so playing with new camera I shot some video.
    The video plays back on the camera when I take the sd card out and plug into the cpu the pictures are there but the video is not.
    How do you access the video from the card I don't even see a file name for it. It's like it's not there but remove card from cpu and plug back into camera the video now reappears.
    Any help please.....
  • 12-03-2011, 07:16 AM
    OldClicker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blc78 View Post
    I recently purchased the sony dsc hx9v one of the selling points was the hd recording. We leave on a cruise in a few days, so playing with new camera I shot some video.
    The video plays back on the camera when I take the sd card out and plug into the cpu the pictures are there but the video is not.
    How do you access the video from the card I don't even see a file name for it. It's like it's not there but remove card from cpu and plug back into camera the video now reappears.
    Any help please.....

Could it be in a different folder on the card? - Terry
  • 12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
    scottytheplumber
    i purchased a sony nex3 for my wife who is just starting out. she has a quantarary 70-210mmf4-5.8 lens for a minolta she purchaesd at an estate sale new in the box for cheap. is there an adapter for this lense to fit e mount?
  • 12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scottytheplumber View Post
    i purchased a sony nex3 for my wife who is just starting out. she has a quantarary 70-210mmf4-5.8 lens for a minolta she purchaesd at an estate sale new in the box for cheap. is there an adapter for this lense to fit e mount?

Yes they do.
    LA-EA1 | α NEX Camera Mount Adapter | Sony | Sony Store USA