Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Minolta 7D VC-7D

Hi- new to the group. I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of the vertical control grip for the 7D. Page 115 of the manual shows the grip and says to contact your Koncia Minolta Dealer. Just wondering if there were any around. Thanks.

Chronic Gadget Junkie SCOOTERINSLC's Avatar

Re: Minolta 7D VC-7D

Hey there,
    I own a 7D with the grip. I bought it with the camera in '04. It is very well constructed. You will have a tough time finding one now. When all the 7D's ended up being sold at Wally World for $499.00, I bought a 7D for my girlfriend and have since been looking for a grip for hers periodically without much luck. Keep an eye on Fleabay. They turn up once in a while but I refuse to pay that kind of money for one. You'll find you could buy an A100 for what you'll pay for one of those grips. My solution for my girlfriend is probably going to be giving her my 7D grip, as I'm putting my 7D with 5 lenses I no longer use for sale, to fund the A700 for myself. Good luck on your search.
    Scott

Re: Minolta 7D VC-7D

Thanks for the info. Have noticed on ebay that the real thin g runs around 350. I noticed fake and bakes for 89 to 100 but they don't have any controls accept for shutter release, and have conecting wires from grip to camera.
    Thanks again
    Ed M

Thread Information