• 11-21-2013, 08:37 AM
    Daniel Algolux
    Does Konica Minolta still make ANY cameras?
    I know they sold their camera business to Sony, but it seems they still have an optical division: Products-Optical Products| KONICA MINOLTA.

Anyone know for sure if they've outsourced all their stuff to Sony or if they still make this stuff?

Thanks!
  • 11-26-2013, 09:40 AM
    Photo-John
    Re: Does Konica Minolta still make ANY cameras?
    Konica Minolta sold all of their camera patents and technnology to Sony. They don't outsource to Sony. They flat out got out of the camera business. As far as I know, all they do now is office equipment.

So maybe it's about time I change the name of this forum to just Sony Cameras. What do you think?
  • 11-29-2013, 08:21 AM
    PWhite214
    I emailed Konica Minolta USA for information on their lenses. I will post a follow up as soon as I have any information.

John, As far as renaming this section of the forum, there are a lot if KM 5 and 7D cameras in use. However, those users would probably still post here. Film camera posts could go in the film section.

It might be a good idea to start your question as a new thread in this section.

Phil
  • 12-06-2013, 07:41 PM
    weihong
    Probably so. But they are dying out.
  • 12-06-2013, 07:42 PM
    weihong
    Thanks for sharing.
  • 03-23-2014, 08:29 AM
    jesab
    PWhite214, did you find any more information on their lenses? it's been a few months =)
  • 03-24-2014, 03:02 AM
    PWhite214
    I have not seen a reply.

Phil