Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: Sony nex-6

Sony nex-6

I just bought one a few days ago. In 2010 I bought the first NEX-5 that was released. Was very pleased with photo results however missed the mode selection dial and wished I had an EVF. Well 2 years later they responded. I actually bought an OMD EM5 several months ago (spring). It is no doubt beautiful and gives excellent photo results with many great features. I spent over $1300 plus taxes with kit lens. Too expensive for my current life and could not justify holding on to it. I returned it and waited until now to purchase the NEX-6 which has dropped in price over the last month or so. $749 with kit lens. As you know, it has a very good OLED EVF, mode selection dial, integrated flash, WiFi, and of course an APS-C sensor that IMO delivers better in low light than any micro43 (again IMO). In a few months I will go 'prime' (affordable of course) and get the black 50mm f1.8 which should suit me just fine for my portraits. If I ever come into some extra $$ would certainly get a fast bright Zeiss zoom lens.
    I searched for previous comments on the NEX-6 but have not found any.
    Any members use this kit? Any comments? Opinions?
    Cheers.
    You took a photo of what?
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

future Ansel Adams wannabe ... TJer's Avatar

Re: Sony nex-6

Wow, have to admit that I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been any responses to this post.

I've had my Alpha NEX-6 for almost two weeks now and have been having the time of my life getting reinvigorated with the thrills of photography because of this camera!!! This camera has been pivotal in reminding me why I got into (film) photography over 30 yrs ago and what I have to look forward to for the next (hopefully) 30 more. This may sound corny but I've gone to sleep at night lately tossing and turning with excitement about what the next day may hold for me photographically!!! It inspires me every time I pick it up! It's light, easy to operate, has all the functions and modes people dream about having on there current and future cameras. There is nothing about using this camera that causes frustration or buyer's remorse because something isn't possible with this camera; it's truly fantastic and I enjoy using it more and more every time I pick it up! If you haven't taken the opportunity to look at these cameras you really should; I think they're really something special ...!

It's nice you are having so much fun with it.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Nice to see nex 6 fans here

Is the NEX 6 going to be replaced with the A6000 series?

One of the few things we loved about Sony's original kit lens was the manual zoom feature. It's hard to imagine a better design for a mirror less camera than sony nex-6.

Thanks
    ThermalCamerasInc

So currently, Sony has both the NEX-6 and a6000 listed at the same price. What's really different? I know the a6000 is newer and different sensor. They both seem pretty similar besides Sony calling one a NEX and the other a mirrorless DSLR??

Thread Information