Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>
    Hegz

Alpha A200 - Cleaning camera sensor

I've noticed some small spots on all of my photos as of late, and when I first saw
    them I figured that something was on either the front or back of my lens... But after the
    same spots showed up and in the same places with a different lens on the camera I figured I had something on the sensor... How I did this I don't know as I'm very careful where and how I do this. Now the question is how do I safely chean the sensor? Or maybe a better question is do I need to take this into a shop to have it done correctly?.
    Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give.
    Denny H

Re: Alpha A200 - Cleaning camera sensor

Get an air blower, put your camera in "cleaning mode", point it to the ground, use the air blower to blow up to the sensor.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Cleaning the sensor on your camera is not something you should attempt unless you feel confident about doing so, you could cause more damage and you will be left with a camera that wont work. I would see if there is a local camera shop near where you live and have it done professionally, that way you know that the job will be done correctly and you will be able to continue enjoying taking photo`s.

Uhm, no. The air blower cleaning solution is simple enough I could have my 6 year old do it. Using a sensor cleaner brush isn't too difficult as well.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

So far my cameras have not needed any thing but the air blower to remove those dang smudges on my photos.

The recommended method is to insert a fully charged battery, set cleaning mode in the menu, then blow the sensor without touching the tip of the blower to ANYTHING inside the camera. Then turn the camera off.

A good test is a photo of a clear blue sky to make sure all smudges have been eliminated. I have had to do the procedure two times.

Oh, do not use compressed air, in a can or from a compressor. I bought a 'Rocket Blower'.

Phil

Hegz

Thanks all for the comments. I must admit that this was the first time that I've had this
    come up and I thought I had big problems. The air brush is all that was needed as it solved the problem.
    Thanks again.....
    denny

Easy as 1-2-3. dead simple to do once you know.

Thread Information