Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>
    May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Dynamic Discontinued Duo

I'm so excited for my new toy, a used Minolta 3600HS(D) flash!! An oldie but a goodie! Full TTL/ADI metering, wireless flash, and High Speed Sync all for $125!! This long discontinued model is a good friend for my other discontinued flash, the Sony HVL-F56AM. Oh, and both are fully compatible with my old friend the Minolta Maxxum 7, as well my current love the Sony a700. I am overwhelmed with joy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynamic Discontinued Duo-dsc01355.jpg   Dynamic Discontinued Duo-dsc01354.jpg   Dynamic Discontinued Duo-dsc01348.jpg  

Re: Dynamic Discontinued Duo

Thats the one I use - you'll love it! It is really the same thing as the Sony HVL F36AM minus some slight aesthetic differences. $125 is a SWEET deal! How the heck did you find it that cheap???

The only issue I have with it is its fixed head, no swivel - only the various bounce angles, sort of screws with things for vertical shooting.

Well, I wouldn't wait based on finances, the A700 came out at $1500 and is now at $1000, even considering a new revamped A700, it would certainly again be released at $1500, I'm sure the A700 is price competitive with their possible future release as is.

*edit wow, I thought I posted this in a different thread.... WHOOPS!!!
    Last edited by Anbesol; 02-08-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    Thats the one I use - you'll love it! It is really the same thing as the Sony HVL F36AM minus some slight aesthetic differences. $125 is a SWEET deal! How the heck did you find it that cheap???
    Well, I was bored at work so I decided to do some online bargain hunting. I ended up finding the Minolta 3600HS(D) in Adorama's used inventory. It came with the wide angle diffuser, but no stand. I have an old Quantaray flash that isn't compatible with digital bodies so I'm using the stand from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    The only issue I have with it is its fixed head, no swivel - only the various bounce angles, sort of screws with things for vertical shooting.
    True, but that's why I have my Sony HVL-F56AM. I'm going to be using the 3600 primarily in wireless mode so it's not as much as a factor that it doesn't swivel.

Can you use it in wireless with your F56AM mounted?

No. It can only be triggered by the pop-up flash. The only flash that can be used to trigger others is the HVL-F58AM.

Thread Information