Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

wireless flash hvl58am

i have the 58am, but you know how the camera flash triggers the wireless flah well then you have the light coming from the camera anyway which i wanted to avoid.. so how do i get around that? is it better just to keep it on the camera and bounce it ?

Re: wireless flash hvl58am

The light coming from the camera flash in the wireless trigger doesn't sync with the shutter, it may have some residual effect on the image but it would behave like very minimal ambient light. However, you can get a developed film negative and cover the flash, the IR light can still trigger through the negative, but no real amount of light comes out. Honestly though - unless you have more than one flash to wireless sync, I'd just keep it on the camera, particularly with as versatile and tilt/swivel capable the F58 is. I personally shoot wireless a lot and I never find the pop-up flash to interfere with the lighting.

Oh and welcome to the forums, we really have a great Sony community here who are all very helpful and friendly. I hope you stay around and post some!

Re: wireless flash hvl58am

thanks very much - appreciate the quick reply.

im sure ill be around heaps ..ill have loads more questions no doubt.. since i know practically nothing

Thread Information