Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: Maxxum 5 - 7D

Maxxum 5 - 7D

I'm in the market for a Maxxum 5 or 7 D , my question is some of the camera's I looked at don't come with a manual, software or battery and charger . Where would be the best place to get all of these items ?

Thanks for your help
    Jerry

Usel

Re: Maxxum 5 - 7D

Sony bought all of Konica Minolta's camera holdings, so the newest version is the Sony Alpha A100. I'm not sure if you're specifically looking for a Maxxum, but it might be kind of tough to find a new one. You might try ebay if you want a discontinued model. Otherwise I suggest Cameta Camera. they have an ebay site and i got my stuff from them. They are really very good and they sell used equipment as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cameta-Camera

Quote Originally Posted by rsimmons
    Sony bought all of Konica Minolta's camera holdings, so the newest version is the Sony Alpha A100. I'm not sure if you're specifically looking for a Maxxum, but it might be kind of tough to find a new one. You might try ebay if you want a discontinued model. Otherwise I suggest Cameta Camera. they have an ebay site and i got my stuff from them. They are really very good and they sell used equipment as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cameta-Camera

I've been checking around on ebay , I did find a few 5 and 7 D's but they were missing the software , manual , charger and battery . I know I can download both the software and manuals on the Minolta web site but I would like a copy of the original manual .

Try KEH.com they had a couple 7Ds a few days ago. They are slightly used, but in near mint condition.

May I ask why you don't consider the Alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    May I ask why you don't consider the Alpha?

Actually I wasn't aware of this model until I found this site today . The reason/reasons I picked the Maxxum 5D or 7D was do to the fact I have so much invested into Maxxum SLR 35mm AF lenses . I'll read up alittle on the Sony Alpha to see how it compares to either the 5D or 7D .

Thanks for the help
    Jerry

Good, it's great to know that we are providing useful information.

Well, Photo-John has done a wonderful job of covering the camera, and system. The link to his review can be found here:

http://www.photographyreview.com/sf-...reviewcrx.aspx

I personally have the 5D. A close friend uses the Alpha. I like the low-light capability of the 5D better than the Alpha. However, in my experience, the "super steady shot" is better on the Alpha, it has anti-dust features, and more resolution. While they are VERY similar in size ad appearance, the 5D just feels better to me. Many argue that it's the same build, but there are some very slight differences, not enough to make a purchase decision for most though. I guess it's just my brain thinking "this isn't my camera".

If I had to choose right now, or my 5D didn't serve me well, I'd likely go ahead with the Alpha. The only reason I haven't upgraded is that I don't see where I *need* anything more from a camera at this point.

As for the lenses, the friend with the Alpha has mostly the same lenses I do, and she borrows a couple that she doesn't, all of them work fine.

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Thread Information