How To Post Photos

photo101 was asking about how to post a photo on the new Sports and Action Forum. I thought it might be best to post it here, where everyone can find and benefit from a description.

Posting a photo:

Below the text box when you're posting a message, you'll find a button that says, "Manage Attachments". If you click that button a new window will open that allows you to browse your computer for files. Select the image file you want to post and click the "Upload" button. After the window refreshes and you see an icon for your file appear, you're done. Your image will then appear in your post. It's actually easier here than it is on the old message board system :-)

Note: The "Preview" option will not show your photo attachment. You'll just have to trust that you've uploaded it successfully. As long as you see the file icon in the upload window you can be confident that your image has been uploaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Good Info

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    photo101 was asking about how to post a photo on the new Sports and Action Forum. I thought it might be best to post it here, where everyone can find and benefit from a description.

Posting a photo:

Below the text box when you're posting a message, you'll find a button that says, "Manage Attachments". If you click that button a new window will open that allows you to browse your computer for files. Select the image file you want to post and click the "Upload" button. After the window refreshes and you see an icon for your file appear, you're done. Your image will then appear in your post. It's actually easier here than it is on the old message board system :-)

Note: The "Preview" option will not show your photo attachment. You'll just have to trust that you've uploaded it successfully. As long as you see the file icon in the upload window you can be confident that your image has been uploaded.
    I know that a few of us were convinced that our first attempts at uploading a photo didn't work. When I hit the preview button and didn't see a photo, I was convinced it hadn't worked. I believe most of us have figured it out by now, but new members will definitely find this information helpful.

I'm still getting used to the new format, but I'm finding my way around quite adequately now. :-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Note

The "Manage Attachments" button mentioned in my original post now reads, "Upload Photos". We thought that made more sense and I don't want anyone to be confused and looking for a button that doesn't exist anymore

Thanks-
    Photo-John

Re: How To Post Photos

hi just wanted to know how do i make my photos smaller so i can upload them, not sure how to do this. all the photos i have on my pc are way over the needed size. many thanks for any help that you can give me.

You'll need software to resize and compress your photos so that they fit the posting guidelines. Did your camera come with software for viewing and managing photos? If so you should be able to resize them with that software. Otherwise, try downloading Google Picasa. It's free, very useful, and it has tools for resizing photos.
    Photo-John

Hello Photo-John!

How goes your day?

• Server Busy

• Server Busy

• Server Busy

seems to be the current status on uploading images lately....

Has the system been changed that much for uploading to become a challenge?

Regards,
    JerryLi
    - - -

Yeah, I got an e-mail from Old Timer about this. I'm not aware of any issues. I've uploaded 6 photos in the past couple of days and haven't had any problems. You probably noticed we did make a few changes to the layout of the gallery pages. But I haven't experienced any problems since those changes were made.

Did you get all those errors at the same time? Have you tried again since then? When, exactly, did you get the errors? Anyone else having the same problem?
    Photo-John

Question from a newbie - I see that some photos have ratings. How do the ratings get assigned? I couldn't find anything about it on the web site FAQ.

Thread Information