Thread: Threads....PJ?

Threads....PJ?

PJ, I notice when I reply to people my replies all ended up at the bottom instead of under the person I responded to. This makes it rather hard to really reply to someone personally.

Mike

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

a similar question...

Quote Originally Posted by darkman
    PJ, I notice when I reply to people my replies all ended up at the bottom instead of under the person I responded to. This makes it rather hard to really reply to someone personally.

Mike
    Yeah, the post sorting here seems a little funky. I'm wondering if users can customize they way it appears on the page.

BTW, Mike, if you're set up in "hybrid" mode, there's a thread "tree" at the top of each thread page. That lists all the posts and replies the same way as the old format...

While we're on the subject, I'm also trying to figure out how to list the threads of a forum in REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL order. To me, that just seems like common sense (and of course, was the way the old forums worked).

I look at all the listing option links at the the top of each forum page, and they ALL seem to be variations on ALPHABETICAL sorting.

Anyone figure this out yet?
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

You can quote them, that responds directly to them. FOrums like these go in chronological order by default. Believe me, once you get used to it this is a MUCH better way of doing it than the old system.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    While we're on the subject, I'm also trying to figure out how to list the threads of a forum in REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL order. To me, that just seems like common sense (and of course, was the way the old forums worked).

I look at all the listing option links at the the top of each forum page, and they ALL seem to be variations on ALPHABETICAL sorting.

Anyone figure this out yet?
    Steve, under quick link, edit options, under Thread Display Options, in Linear Mode you can select display Oldest first or Newest First. So far that's the only thing I can see to change the view order.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Thanks Lara...

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Steve, under quick link, edit options, under Thread Display Options, in Linear Mode you can select display Oldest first or Newest First. So far that's the only thing I can see to change the view order.
    I saw that, but really prefer my pages to be in Hybrid mode. So what I did was switch to Linear - Newest First to put things in order, then switched back to Hybrid. So far, the everything has stayed in reverse chrono order like I want...

I think the probelm will be if I use a quick link "show new posts", as I'm pretty sure this will change the thread order on the forum main pages. Anyway, whatever happens, I guess I can live with it...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

I understand what you're looking for Steve. I haven't seen any of our VB sites with the option available to your liking. I guess if it's possible, John will find a way

Thread Information