• 10-02-2004, 11:34 AM
    Clicker
    Question about the Art forum...
    my question is this.
    well questions and observations:

It states that it is not supposed to be another Critique forum..
    Okay... i understand these are supposed to be " finished" images...

So, basically its just for pats on the back, and possibly discussions about the piece...

is this correct?

Just curious because I don't feel like I can say anything over there that's even near a critique... ( kinda like viewfinder)
  • 10-02-2004, 11:45 AM
    opus
    Re: Question about the Art forum...
    I'm not answering you, Rachel, just adding a thought for consideration.

I think a "critique" over there would center around whether you think the photograph "works" as art. So I wouldn't be referencing exposure or other technical things unless it played into the "art" side of it.

But I do think the discussions will revolve around some sorts of critiques. I doubt anyone will post anything that can't be commented on in some way.
  • 10-02-2004, 01:34 PM
    Clicker
    Re: Question about the Art forum...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    I think a "critique" over there would center around whether you think the photograph "works" as art. So I wouldn't be referencing exposure or other technical things unless it played into the "art" side of it.

But I do think the discussions will revolve around some sorts of critiques. I doubt anyone will post anything that can't be commented on in some way.

That's a good point. I just don't want to be posting fluff like " i like this" " this is pretty"

You know?