• 01-31-2004, 07:00 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Photo-John, you can't post just headings ...
    and no text. It says have to post a minimum of 10 characters. Sometimes like in the old forums you want to just put a heading and then either (nm) or (nt) for quick replies. Can this be enabled or not.

Any news on that error I get when uploading an image. It occurs I think when the upload is finished before showing it in the uploaded popup box. Line 342 Error: Unterminated string Constant. Nothing to do with error notification at bottom of browser.
  • 01-31-2004, 10:44 PM
    Photo-John
    Peter-
    Is the setting Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Display a notification for every script error?

I didn't have that enabled but now I do. I opened a new browser window and then checked that thread and didn't see any errors. I haven't tried uploading a photo to see if that gives me an error, though. Do you think uploading a photo was what caused the problem? Anyway, I'll try it and see.

I'll also take a look and see if I can change the minimum word count for posts.

Thanks!
  • 01-31-2004, 11:39 PM
    Peter_AUS
    1 Attachment(s)
    My settings
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Peter-
    Is the setting Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Display a notification for every script error?

I didn't have that enabled but now I do. I opened a new browser window and then checked that thread and didn't see any errors. I haven't tried uploading a photo to see if that gives me an error, though. Do you think uploading a photo was what caused the problem? Anyway, I'll try it and see.

I'll also take a look and see if I can change the minimum word count for posts.

Thanks!

After you click on upload and it uploads the file, it comes up with the error, which you just say no to debugging and then it shows the window as I would expect it to do.

Attached are my settings, I am sure it will stick out mine aren't selected.

Another thing while you are at it, I have noticed that if you are several levels down from the main forum heading and you click on the first heading in the tree "Photography & Digital Cameras Forums" for example, even though you may have looked at the posts, they still show you that there are new posts there. I have been clicking on the end forum title and working my way backwards in the tree to no have this happen. So many times, I think there is a new posting only to see, I have read those already. Does this make sense.
  • 02-01-2004, 07:22 AM
    Lara
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just for reference, all of the CR sites using VB forums have the same inherant problem about "posts viewed."

John, I notified engineering at the beginning, when VGR was the test site for the new forums, about this feature not working. They weren't able to fix.

Peter, this is somewhat of a help to me. Hope it is for you.

At the top of the page, the blue bar beginning with "User CP" ....if you select the Quick Links dropdown you can "mark forums read" when you are finished viewing. This will mark all of the forums read. Next time you visit, you can select "New Posts" in Quick Links.

By clicking on "forum tools" the blue bar under the User CP bar, when in a specific forum, you can mark that forum only as read.

Sounds a bit convoluted, but once you try it, it's easy.
  • 02-01-2004, 02:09 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Lara,

Thanks, but I will live with it the way it is at present. There would be a coding error somewhere that they need to track down. When you have entered a thread for viewing, once you leave it, it should be marked automatically as read.

This even happens after posting a message within a thread as well, so they should be able to track it down.
  • 02-01-2004, 03:44 PM
    Lara
    G' day Peter :)

Yes, I would think engineering should be able to fix, but so far I haven't been able to get an answer or a solution. Many months have past since the initial opening of VGR forums.