Deleting account

Hi

I'd like my account deleted, but couldnt see the options in the settings..... Can someone help me out with this please?

Re: Deleting account

Quote Originally Posted by sim667
    Hi

I'd like my account deleted, but couldnt see the options in the settings..... Can someone help me out with this please?
    I would suggest sticking around for awhile and getting more acquainted. Post some more pictures and be an active member. We will be glad to help you in any way we can. If you really want to delete the account, please let me know and it will be done but I think that all of us have much to gain by participating here, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yup, an admin has to delete your account for you. And we do hate to lose a registered member. But if you really want us to, we can delete your account. Before we do so, I'd like to know why, though. Is there something here that's bothering you? Is there some problem we can address? Or is it just that you don't use the site at all? I notice that you've made 7 posts since you registered in 2006. So maybe you just haven't used the site enough for your account to be useful.

Thanks
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Nah, he was just joking, he doesn't want his account deleted.

Are you seriously going to hold peoples' accounts and photos hostage? I really don't think that would be the best policy to have. Even facebook has an option to delete your photos, posts and account.

Quote Originally Posted by Username2343
    Nah, he was just joking, he doesn't want his account deleted.

Are you seriously going to hold peoples' accounts and photos hostage? I really don't think that would be the best policy to have. Even facebook has an option to delete your photos, posts and account.
    If you read my earlier reply you will see I was trying to talk them into staying and being a part of our site and I also said if he really wants it deleted to let me know and it would get done. I see no attempt at holding anyone hostage or their photos, just an attempt to have them rethink the request, Jeff

Note... John said basically the same thing!!!

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't see any reason to think he was joking. It's not our intent to hold anything hostage. I don't believe our software allows members to delete their own accounts. So whenever anyone asks to have their account removed I always want to find out if there's a problem that we can address. If that's not the case and they just want it deleted, I always respect their wishes.
    Photo-John

The site doesn't look appealing to younger photographers. You have many members from older generations that are dominating the scene and making it intimidating. They need to back off, removed from their posts and replaced by younger ones. Screen names such as "Old", "Grand", "Aging" shouldn't be allowed LOL.
    One very important thing is that this site is heavily US and those older generations are keeping it from reaching out to more international members because they are not open minded enough in dealing with their language barrier.
    One of the things I suggest you start doing is eliminating the use of profile pictures.
    Last edited by Asmarlak; 03-09-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmarlak
    The site doesn't look appealing to younger photographers. You have many members from older generations that are dominating the scene and making it intimidating. They need to back off, removed from their posts and replaced by younger ones. Screen names such as "Old", "Grand", "Aging" shouldn't be allowed LOL.
    One very important thing is that this site is heavily US and those older generations are keeping it from reaching out to more international members because they are not open minded enough. They pick on every word said not realizing that many have language barriers.
    I personally am comfortable going by "grandpaw" but may consider going by YOUNG STUD, HUNK, or THE STALLION if it would get more members, LOL Jeff

As far as international members I haven't seen any that I can remember that have been treated bad or picked on in the many years that I have been here. The only posts I have a problem with is the ones I cannot read do to foreign language and that is just because I don't know what they are saying. We have several members from other countries that participate regularly, Jeff

Asmarlak brought up some interesting thoughts about the age of participants on the forums. I realize that "old" is relative. While I still think of myself as "on the young side", I will be hitting the half century mark next year. When I first started hanging out at PR, my first impression was that a lot of the most prolific participants were older than me - however, after paying closer attention I have come to realize that many of them are in their 20's and 30's, and many of them are excellent at the craft. I truly believe that the variation in the age of the participants is just about as diverse as the skill levels represented, which is pretty diverse. Certainly the vast majority are from the US, however we have frequent participation from folks in Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Europe and South America - and I haven't seen any treatment of those folks to be any different. I think the issue of the "younger photographers" not returning is not different from how this younger generation approaches most issues. Unlike us "old" people, this new generation tends to be more capricious in their interests, moving from one thing to the next much more frequently than we might be used to. They grew up learning that the internet provides a great vehicle to find an answer quickly. Just because they visit a website, ask a question on a forum and get an answer, doesn't mean they are going to hang around there for any length of time. The site really needs to offer something extra for them to become a repeat customer. Finding out what that something extra is has become a challenge for all businesses today. Sólo mis dos centavos.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Age - I think that the site does a good job of attracting younger/newer photographers without becoming something other than a traditional photography site. I don't see pretending we are younger as the attracter; rather accepting new ideas, technologies and styles is what makes the younger/newer want to join in.

Culture – This site is US-centric and we have seen cultural problems. I think that we just have to be more aware of our differences. It would help if everyone listed their location.

Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Not being from the US the biggest issue I have is with people calling it ASA not ISO

Seriously though I think the only thing that matters is that North America seems to have completely different naming conventions for models than the rest of the world which can make it difficult to work out what camera / tripod etc someone is actually refering to. If in doubt though I can usually look at the manufacturers north American website.

I am possibly the youngest mod although at 33 that isn't that young. I think many of our members use the term old in their handles sort of tongue in cheek. As far as I can see our older members have some of the freshest photos around and I marvel at the collective experience of our members. The most amazing thing about PR though is that even the most experienced members are happy to share their knowledge.

I think this is the nature of photography, any serious photographer is constantly looking for ways to improve their work. Be it buying better lenses, switching to digital, learning how to read a histogram or discovering the benefits to be had in shooting raw over jpeg, learning how to control lighting the list goes on and on and on.

I spent a long long time lurking on this and other photogrpahy sites before becoming an active member here (well before pj made me a mod) for me PR was the most welcoming community to photograhpers and aspiring photographers of all skill levels.

It does help if you engage in the community, Ask questions review peoples photos and post photos for review, share what you learnt about your gear by reviewing it or narrow down your search for gear by reading the reviews. Even lurking you can still learn a lot. Sure it helps that you are actively seeking to improve your photography, or just share the knowledge you already have. Ultimately the PR community is about learning, so It does help if you are prepared to both learn and teach. There is always someone out there who knows more than you. There is also always someone out there who wants to learn what you already know.

By indulging in a little of each of the above the community as a whole is enriched and the world at large is blessed with better pictures.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Learning more everyday! maplestreet's Avatar

Just my 2 cents here, I have no intention to stir the pot or offend everyone.

I am 30 years old, I am relatively new to photography and I just joined the site. However, I am not new to online forums, I am an active member of various sites geared towards diverse demographics (football, politics, films, computer information) Here are my observations thus far of PR.

• Site looks perfect. Not overly flashy but functional which is most important, the site doesn't need to look GREAT, it cant possibly compete with the amazing photos posted anyway. This site is unique in that the members create the images.
    • Everyone has been so friendly and helpful.
    • Great variety of topics.
    • You can get honest feedback, technical help, artistic advice, business advice, etc.
    • I am probably the biggest "noob" on this forum, but nobody has called me on it yet, they've just tried to help.

Trust me, I've seen forums full of elitest jerks who are rude to newbies and this is not one of those forums... I was driven online to look for help after I walked into a local camera shop and asked the clerk what lens he would reccomend for taking portraits of my daughters? To which he replied: "I'm not giving free photography lessons today, are you going to buy anything?"

In short, I think you are all doing a great job, I look forward to being a member and sharing my out of focus pictures with you all for a long time!
    Bert

Feel free to edit and repost my photos for critique if you feel so inclined! :idea:

Canon 40D
    Canon 7D
    Canon EOS Rebel 2000
    Canon Powershot SX120
    -----------------------------------
    EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
    EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS

As a younger member on the forum, 24, the only think keeping me from being more active on this forum is how I now consume the net. I primarily use an Android based tablet and/or phone to surf and for forums I use Tapatalk. It's probably now the most well known, but there are many forums that allow me to check in using it. I have posted images and I've really enjoyed the feedback as well as providing feedback to others that have posted. But since the time when I first started here I've found my self with much less time in front of my laptop and now owning a tablet I and smart phone I use them a lot more in shorter spurts through out the day. Other than this for me, when I have time to sit down and check out the site I really enjoy it! :thumbsup:
    Feel free to edit my images, just let me know what you did.

Nikon D90 w/18-105 VR, 70-300VR, 35mm f1.8G &Tamron 10-24 f3.5-4.5
    Nikon SB-600 Speedlight (x2) w/ Gary Fong 1/2 Cloud Light Sphere (x2) and 1 Cloud
    Slik Pro 700DX tripod w/Vanguard SBH-200 ball-head
    Panasonic ZS8

My photo's:
    http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/...20Photography/

Thanks for mentioning mobile use. We are very aware the way people use the Internet is changing. We're working on a forum upgrade that will allow you to access the forum more easily from your mobile devices
    Photo-John

That's great news! Thanks for all the hard work. :thumbsup:
    Feel free to edit my images, just let me know what you did.

Nikon D90 w/18-105 VR, 70-300VR, 35mm f1.8G &Tamron 10-24 f3.5-4.5
    Nikon SB-600 Speedlight (x2) w/ Gary Fong 1/2 Cloud Light Sphere (x2) and 1 Cloud
    Slik Pro 700DX tripod w/Vanguard SBH-200 ball-head
    Panasonic ZS8

My photo's:
    http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/...20Photography/

Thread Information