Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Can't Upload ANY Photos

Anyone having this problem lately? I've been trying to upload some new images but when I get to the Upload Photos window, I can choose one to five images and when I click the Upload button, it just sits there. Five, 10, 15 minutes go by and nothing changes.

I've performed the usual stuff - logged off and back on, rebooted, turned off the firewall, used different wifi hotspots, turned off other programs,... I have internet explorer 8 btw.

Anything else that anyone can recommend would be greatly appreciated.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: Can't Upload ANY Photos

I will try and post a picture to see if it works, Jeff

Loupey, It worked for me. I am using Vista and Firefox
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeff - thanks for the quick response.

I just tried again to upload an image with this response and this time it got past where it was getting stuck earlier in the day (I tried about a half dozen times today).

Weird.

I'll see if I can post some images in Viewfinder now.

See my website HERE.

Loupey-
    Sorry about your wated time. The gallery has some file size limits and I'm not exactly sure what they all are. It's supposed to have a 5 MB file size limit. But I am suspicious it also has a maximum upload size limit. I'm not sure about it, but I know if I try to upload too large of a volume at one pop, it behaves as you've described. How large were the images you were trying to upload?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks for getting back to me, John.

I was just trying to upload small files to the threads (less than 200kb each). I experienced a "stuck upload" a few times before but it always cleared up with a simple resolution (closing I.E. or rebooting) but this time it just wouldn't go away.

I did find that I could unstick the window if I opened another tab within I.E. So I think this may be a Windows/IE problem. A couple days ago I found that my computer had rebooted itself after an automatic windows update so I don't know yet what all was updated

See my website HERE.

I have had some problems uploading as well. I think it's and I.E. thing. I get to the the upload screen and select my image and when I try to upload I get a message that I. E. is shutting down and I lose everything.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I have had some problems uploading as well. I think it's and I.E. thing. I get to the the upload screen and select my image and when I try to upload I get a message that I. E. is shutting down and I lose everything.
    I keep getting reports of all kinds of upload problems but this is the first I've heard of an IE problem. We were having some server problems earlier today. Can you try again and let me know if you have the same problem?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information