ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Polaroid Portraits

This past weekend, I helped run and participated in the Film Photography Project's Walking Workshop in lovely downtown Findlay, OH. One of the events was a POlaroid Party hosted by Professor Jeff of the University of Findlay's Photography Program. The idea was to promote instant photography. I decided to try something different and got a studio strobe, a diffused beauty dish and setup an impromtu studio in the main hall of the Garner Arts Pavilion. Taking a PC Sync cord I plugged it into my trusty Polaroid Model 250 Automatic Land Camera.

I had brought along a couple packs of Fresh (2009) Cold Expired Polaroid Film (the original stuff) a pack of 664 (ISO-100, B&W) and a pack of 690 (ISO-100, Colour), and started taking portraits of the people in attendance and got a lot of really nice results!

Michael Raso - Founder of the Film Photography Project

Jacob - this young man has a passion for film photography, and has his on YouTube Show: Jacob's Camera Closet

If there's one thing James is guilty of is too much GAS

Jolee came up to the event all the way from Knoxville, TN!

It was great to finally meet Matt! The two of us have been tweeting back and forth for a while now.

Nick and his Polaroid Sun 600 LMS, loaded with Impossible Project PX680 ColorProtection

The Gentleman Polaroid Photographer
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Re: Polaroid Portraits

Love that you have this passion for photography that transcends the digital age.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Wait a minute. How did you do this? Where did you get the film?

recently saw a fellow photographer bring a polaroid camera to a workshop,
    he used fuji "polaroid" film, I searched on google, seems it can be purchased in amazon

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer View Post
    Wait a minute. How did you do this? Where did you get the film?
    The 664 I bought through the Impossible Project when they were selling out the old stock from the warehouse. The 690 I picked up from a camera shop in NYC a couple year back, I keep 'em in my beer & film fridge. I also keep three packs of the Polaroid Chocolate film in there also.

Yes, Fuji produces two flavours of Type-100 pack film, FP-100c which is Colour and FP-3000b which is Black & White. Lovely stuff.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Thread Information