Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Abstract

GB1

Abstract

Comments?

Gb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abstract-sun1_1_edit3_1_800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Abstract

I dig it! Maybe could benefit from some noise reduction. Was it an accident or were you trying to do this?

Awesome !!

Trying to fry your camera sensor ?

more saturation and contrast may be nice

Edit: looks like a scan of a photo

I like it. It could be the cover of an old scifi novel! I'm also curious to know if it was intentional. The visual elements also remind me of some kind of tribal design.

I like it GB. I looks as much a photoshop creation as to an image. I like the colors.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Excellent! Not crazy about the noise, but that's my only gripe.

GB1

Thanks fellows. Seems my artistic manipulations receive slightly more positive responses than my straight up photography (- just saying :10

This is actually an edit of a sunrise photo -- all I did was apply a lens flair effect to it in Corel Photo-Paint (- not sure if PS has such a effect).

How hard would it be to get in camera? Very! Not sure how one would even attempt it.

Agree that the noise is a negative, but try as I may, I couldn't remove it in post. Just went back and started from the beginning in Corel.. adjusting the brightness a bit -- do you like this one better? Now you can see the sun I post the original for reference, which isn't so bad a shot, actually (believe I took it about 20 years ago at Fenwick Island, Deleware).

This shot's got many color possibilities. I also tried adding a little extra saturation, Armando.

Mattb - Sci Fi novel? Dang, that would be great, getting an image on a book cover I just hope novel covers don't go the way of album art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abstract-sun1_5_800.jpg   Abstract-sun1_1_sharp.jpg  

My Site

That dude with a camera

I really like the new one.
    The different sizes of perfect circles, and the straight lines go together like peanut butter and jelly, and the imperfect sun and clouds balance the fake perfection.
    I just think it needs a little contrast, to make the dark area darker.

It is awesome that you used a photo that is almost as old as I am, an made this image. Hopefully, I will be able to do stuff like this in the future.

GB1

Thanks, Alexandre, I've been trying to get that black a little darker, turning out to be harder than I expected to find the right tool. I tried increasing contrast but it affected the bright areas too, and not in a way that I liked.

To me, the combination of the sun and graphical content is a little odd, but glad to see that others view it positively. I think an image like this is bound to create different impressions on different people.

GB

My Site

Thread Information