Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: In the Dark

GB1

In the Dark

Another photograph of a model (Hannah) at a class on Sunday. Comments?

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: In the Dark

nice pleasant image,
    soft lights well controlled

pose a bit odd , but as I said, overall pleasant image

the cloth had been folded for a while, it has wrinkles all over the place

What was the class about ?

I think it can use more background space.

GB1

Thanks for your comments.

AE, funny, I thought it had too much negative space, so I cropped it a bit... Here's the full size. Better? If so, perhaps I should trust my first instincts.

Armando, this was a model lighting class, and also included some tips for working with models (which were certainly helpful) given by a former model and current photographer. Below is the class description so you can see what it was about. Thanks for the observation on the cloth wrinkles - no one noticed at the shoot, and maybe it's because everyone's so busy with other things that they miss a few things

GB

Lighting and Posing - in studio setting and on location.

Shooting in studio setting and outside on location... with at least one excellent model.

3 1/2 hours chock full of info and practice.

Suits those who don't want to waste time and money.

Plenty of practice options and opportunities for 1-1 guidance.

NOTE: If you have strobes / studio lights you're not sure how to use ... Feel free to bring them also. You WILL benefit from this all around lighting and posing class.

Suits intermediate and trainee photographers.

Theory and hands on shooting with a model.

''Secrets of lighting'' don't really exist - facts, ratios, skills we will teach you do.

You will learn to understand:

1) working with lights flashes / strobes on location anywhere

2) working various positions of light for different results on the model (as coined by amazing Peter Gowland, now deceased)

3) using equipment and adding modifiers for effects - high key and low key

4) easy choices of gear that will save you a bunch of money on equipment normally sold

5) working with balancing ambient light and strobes.

6) questions will be answered by results for the look you want

Avoid mistakes with your subjects. PART TWO

How to get way better results working with people as your subjects - and how to turn some them into models for the day.

Insights and Ethics:

How to get a connection with the people / models.

Ways to get expressions and looks and poses

ENJOY the confidence, skill, tips, tricks and results that come from WORKING WITH MODELS. Gold mine of recommendations for posing, styling and directing those you shoot so you can impress.

This class cover all the above and more - and get you ready for model success.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In the Dark-dsc_5708_edit1_post_800.jpg  

My Site

I like the full version, I can see why you cropped it , the light fades nicely towards the bottom, although some may see you lack light in the bottom, you can say I intended it like that ...

Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Thanks for your comments.

AE, funny, I thought it had too much negative space, so I cropped it a bit... Here's the full size. Better? If so, perhaps I should trust my first instincts.

Armando, this was a model lighting class, and also included some tips for working with models (which were certainly helpful) given by a former model and current photographer. Below is the class description so you can see what it was about. Thanks for the observation on the cloth wrinkles - no one noticed at the shoot, and maybe it's because everyone's so busy with other things that they miss a few things

GB[/I]
    This model sure managed to make herself looks lifeless, she seemed to be under the impression of posing in a paint or a sculpting class?.
    Last edited by geraldb; 08-13-2012 at 11:13 AM.

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by geraldb View Post
    This model sure managed to make herself looks lifeless, she seemed to be under the impression of posing in a paint or a sculpting class?.
    Or a drama class, where's she thinking about something.

My Site

Thread Information