Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Epson R2400 has the jitters

Last week I tried to print some labels on my Epson R2400 printer. It jammed. I tried 4 times before realising that I should use the front loader.

Ever since then when I print text SOME areas of print come out with a double print - a black line has a second, less black line next to it. But this also happens for other colours.

- It doesn't happen all the time, only a few lines on each page
    - I have tried different types of paper. The effect is there on all of them
    - The paper feed sounds rough, like there's a hard point or something

I've done all the usual head cleaning things, but it seems to me like there's a problem with the paper transport mechanism, which I have no access to.

Sound familiar to anybody?

I've been using it regularly for six years so I don't mind getting an R3000 but it seems a waste if there's a simple solution.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: Epson R2400 has the jitters

It almost sounds as if you have a paper feed issues. Are you sure no paper bits are stuck in the paper path? What condition are your rollers? Not too dried out (use rubber rejuvenator) and not gummed up? Does it only happen when you are printing a partial page of labels? If so, rollers often don't like the wax-ish side of papers. If you have done a nozzle check and the nozzle test pattern is perfect, have you tried the alignment check where you print out the patterns?

Doug
    ---
    BetterScanning.com

Re: Epson R2400 has the jitters

Hi

Thanks for the reply. If I were you I would remove the commercial link from your signature, you might get banned..

I've done the head cleaning check, the patterns came out perfectly. I can't see any bits of paper and the rollers look normal. So far I've only noticed the problem when printing text i.e. the paper is moving fairly fast.

The good news is - it's getting worse, it now regularly prints a ghost line of text above the real line. That should make it easier to find, I hate these intermittent problems..
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Thread Information