Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Tamron 10-24mm and Canon XSi

Just looking for some opinions on this lens before I jump on it Tamron SP AF 10-24mm Recently attended a beginning photography class and this is one of the lenses they mentioned as a must h6ave for starting out on a budget with a crop factor sensor. Although I'm not just starting out, had the camera for 3 years nearly, the class tied a bunch of stuff together that I learned around the Net and filled in the blanks as it were.

While they're not the best I do already have lenses covering me up to 300mm (not considering the crop effect) on the zoom end but I really feel the need for a wider angle for landscape shots which I'm really getting into. The stock 18-55mm is not cutting it for that anymore. The $800 Canon 10-22mm is out of my price range right now. What do you guys think?

edit: I have NO idea what is causing these extra characters. They don't show up in the edit screen and I've deleted and re-typed multiple times.
    Last edited by flyinion; 03-07-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Re: Tamron 10-24mm and Canon XSi

Any opinions on this lens?

Re: Tamron 10-24mm and Canon XSi

Ok nevermind. I've read enough reviews of poor IQ and soft edges and such that I'm biting the bullet and spending the extra $300 for the Canon 10-22mm. Some of those reviews had pictures to illustrate, and yeah it was pretty shocking. Lots of CA and fuzzy areas.

Thread Information