Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Announced!

Canon announced the EOS 5D Mark III tonight. I have to say, I am surprised and impressed at how much camera it is. They improved pretty much everything, in particular, the speed and the auto focus. It actually has the same AF system as the 1D X. That is not something I would have expected. The 5D Mk III is going to be a very capable camera for all kinds of photography - not just weddings, portraits and studio work.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III - Better AF, Better Image Quality & Better Video >>

Read my article, check out all the photos and then let us know what you think. I am really impressed with this one. It sure took them long enough but I think they done good
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Announced!

Well I'm pleased about it even if noone else is:

- Canon line up with Nikon's practice of offering features from their top-of-the-line body on their second-line body (autofocus, sealing, all metal build)
    - Canon have been sensible in limiting the number of pixels to get better image quality. We will be able to make a direct comparison with the D800 and see what's best for which application

I wonder if Canon have changed the positioning of the camera slightly. Yes it's intended for weddings and studio but I noticed that the previous 5D's were used a lot to cover risky cases like wars (cheaper than the 1 series if something happens). The new version seems to be better equipped to cover action.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

VSS

Typical US$ - GB£ divide exists. Even the € is more favourable than the £.

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    I wonder if Canon have changed the positioning of the camera slightly. Yes it's intended for weddings and studio but I noticed that the previous 5D's were used a lot to cover risky cases like wars (cheaper than the 1 series if something happens). The new version seems to be better equipped to cover action.
    It is positioned differently. The 5D Mk II is going to stay in the lineup with the 5D Mk III fitting between the Mk II and the 1D X. I think a lot of photographers tried to use the 5D Mk II in somewhat inappropriate ways. I know a bunch of mountain bike photographers that used it. The 5D Mk III is spec'd so it will really work as an action camera. But for photographers who don't need the added speed or improved auto focus, the 5D Mk II is still available.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    Well I'm pleased about it even if noone else is:

- Canon line up with Nikon's practice of offering features from their top-of-the-line body on their second-line body (autofocus, sealing, all metal build)
    - Canon have been sensible in limiting the number of pixels to get better image quality. We will be able to make a direct comparison with the D800 and see what's best for which application

The DXOMark results for the 5DMk3 are out.

DxOMark - Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Rather disappointing. There seems to be little change compared with the 5DMk2
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Interesting , thanks for sharing it Franglais

Wow. I think it sounds great.

Just picked up a Canon EOS Rebel T2i a few months ago.

They had some great deals on Canon recently on Newegg and free shipping plus 10% discount codes online.

It has been absolutely flawless so far. I like to take a lot of landscape and seascape shots and this has been my fav camera for it so far. If anyone else is particularly interested in this type of photography, I recommend.

I'm looking forward to checking out test shots.
    Jackson :thumbsup:

Digital cameras

How is a digital camera different from a film camera? What are pixels and why are they important? What's the difference between optical and digital zoom? What advantages do digital cameras have compared to film cameras? Let's address these and other questions as we discuss digital camera technology

Thread Information