ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A few shots from Disney World

Just before we left for vacation I messed up my knee and spent most of my time being pushed in a wheelchair. I thought I would surprise you and start out with a few pictures of the castle, Jeff

Pictures were taken with A Nikon D7000 using a Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM lens

#1 Shot from train station looking down main street
    #2 Looking down main street with clock on sidewalk
    #3 Standing on walkway in front of the Crystal Palace looking at castle
    #4 Standing near Tomorrow Land entrance looking toward castle
    #5 Standing near cafe tables at the end of main Street near the castle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few shots from Disney World-dsc_0831.jpg   A few shots from Disney World-dsc_0847_2.jpg   A few shots from Disney World-dsc_0908_2.jpg   A few shots from Disney World-dsc_0923-version-2.jpg   A few shots from Disney World-dsc_0938.jpg  

Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Re: A few shots from Disney World

Welcome Back Jeff!

GREAT SHOTS! They are all excellent - looks like you had blue skies with nice little white clouds - makes for good photography. I love that 4th one - and the last one is a great capture.

It's too bad you had a knee problem. I hope you still had a wonderful time. How are you doing now?

I look forward to more photos.

Liz

Beautiful pics Jeff. Almost makes me want to go, I said almost.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Nice stuff Jeff, HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

We had a lot of fun, the weather was perfect, and we didn't have to wait in lines very long at all in any of the parks. Thanks everyone for your comments and Liz, my knee is still getting my attention when I walk around and thanks for asking. After all these months of anticipation of taking tons of pictures my knee kept me pretty well limited on the picture taking. Guess I have another reason to go back now! Jeff

I might add that I did take all my lenses in case I saw a need for them but probably 98% of all my pictures were taken with my Sigma 17-50 F2.8 The place I anticipated using my longer lens was on the Safari ride in Animal Kingdom. I had both cameras with me. The D90 had the Sigma 17-50 on it and the D7000 had my Nikon 70-200 F2.8 on it. On the Safari ride there is not that much to take pictures of and when there was I was holding on to keep from being thrown out of my seat and losing a camera. They mention not to go on the Safari ride if you are pregnant, have a bad back or several other conditions and I can tell you after riding it there is a reason for the warning. They just about never stop and when you try shooting with a long lens while flying through the air it is very challenging just to keep the camera or lens from getting hit against something. This was the longest line of anywhere in the parks and not a whole lot of things to see after the long wait.

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am glad you had a good time and tons of pictures to remember it with. What animals did you see on the Safari ride?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Nice shots Jeff,
    hope your knee gets well soon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    I am glad you had a good time and tons of pictures to remember it with. What animals did you see on the Safari ride?
    We saw a giraffe, white rhino, ostrich, elephant, lioness, wart hog hippopotamus, gazelle, flamingo, and I also saw my life flash before my eyes while airborne due to the bumps and the way they drive. IMHO the Safari ride was a BIG disappointment, Jeff

If you are interested, I have started a new gallery on my website of Walt Disney World photos and they can be seen HERE, Jeff

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Great shots! I went Thanksgiving week (tuesday I think) and much to my surprise it was awesome, we hit Hollywood Studio and Epcot, I ended up taking a tons of photos, it will be a great memory. My cousin's daughter hurt her knee and she was ina chair too, never waited for one ride, apparently the chair is the way to go lol
    Sure hope you are feeling better!

Thread Information