Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Jasi

GB1

Jasi

Recent model shoot. She's 17.

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jasi-dsc_7004_edit1_pp_800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Jasi

nice lighting
    beautiful model as well

GB1

Thanks Neous. Here's another version (with a little help from Photofunia.com)

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jasi-photofunia-34af37_o.jpg  

My Site

Greg, she is wonderful !

any more from her ?

excellent exposure

Wish we were able to see he nose a bit better, the top of her nose gets lost against her cheek, or maybe is my computer ...

I like it, Greg, but something about the face lighting bugged me. Couldn't put my finger on what to say until Armando's post. A little angled side-lighting to create more soft shadowing across the facial features would have helped give her face more depth and relief. And I really like in the context of the Photofunia file...it works very well in a format like that!
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

GB1

Thanks fellows. Glad you like the 'Pocahontas' look as much as I do - that hair MUA really knew her stuff.

I totally see that the lighting is somewhat flat, but at the same time ... I'm not sure that a Rembrandt lighting scheme works real well with this model. We shot others like that, and I they look a little should I say less glamorous, maybe even slightly intimidating, and she seemed to lose that 'playful' look she inherently has. A few of the shots using that lighting scheme came out though, and I will post a pic in another thread.

Anyway, I think the issue with this one's might be that the light was too close to her which eliminated all shadows from her middle face area. Not sure... hmm.

Armando, she definitely has modeling presence. She was agency-represented up in LA (but not currently), so she definitely has some experience. She also did some amazing jumps (she's tallish and a volleyball player) but I need to remove the ceiling from the background before I post them, and that's turning out to be a bigger job than I expected (boo hoo). See the other threads.

Ken, thanks too. I keep playing w/ the Photofunia, for fun Too bad it returns such small resolution images.

G

My Site

Thread Information