Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

A Walk in the Park

Longwood Gardens, PA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Walk in the Park-walkinthepark.jpg  
    Last edited by mtbbrian; 01-09-2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Un- Sticking as first "Featured Photo" for 2005!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Re: A Walk in the Park

overall, i think the pic is nice...i lov the colors of the trees...

but i think it'll b better if it's taken with a tripod from the center of the road.....bcuz it's tilted a bit to one side...

Great. I really like it. It's pleasing to the eye. Everything is running parallel into this picture. I would like to see what it would look like without the people. If it is tilted, I can't tell. Good job.

cparker

"This ground is not the rock I thought it to be."
    -Tool

misanthrope

I do like this image but not for any technical or compositional reasons-- I'd just really like to see that park. The composition is bland to me, though. Maybe a lower vewpoint or as u suck.com said, move off-center. There's just not enough going on to really excite me. One other thing that immediately hit me when I saw this: there seems to be a reddish tint to the whole thing. I thought maybe it was just my eyes taking the red from the trees and sort of confusing me on the rest of the scene. But I hid the trees from view and the greenery seems a little reddish still. I really want to like this image but it's just not quite interesting enough. Great effort though- any other pics from this location?
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Great Colorful.
    Great use of line with the path, the flowers and the bushes.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

I like the perspective and point of view, yes looks tilted a bit because was not i the center of the road. does not bother me too much. People are a bit too far off to be included as any element of interest. I also see a slight magenta color cast here.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Whoa!

I am very surprised that this photo was chosen. I posted some I felt were better :-) I'm not complaining though!

This photo was taken with an EOS-3 using Supra 400 film 4-5 years ago. The day was soaking rain with some oddly-placed breaks every once in a while. I kept the camera underneath my outer rain jacket to keep it dry. The colors were pretty much what you see, a combination of the weird light and the early spring buds just starting to appear. It was almost eerie light.

I wanted people in the shot because they give some sense of scale. The examples I had without people were boring. It's a very small difference that made the photo better. I also made them recognizable as people but with no features to distract the eye.

What would I change? The perspective is off as a couple of people have mentioned. I would have liked to have tried a shot with more people but the bad weather made even this a lucky shot! With digital rather than film, I would have been able to try a few different ideas correcting each time to get exactly what I wanted.

I love bad weather, it give a really nice mood for photographs.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Liz

Cool What the image does for me

It makes me think that Spring will be here before we know it! It gives me hope, makes me feel light! And Heaven knows, I need that right now!

Nice Image........good timing.......

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Longwood Gardens, PA

Thread Information