Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: One panorama...

One panorama...

This is a typical big Beijing street (3rd ring).
    This panorama was stitched in PanoEdit from 4 photos. Photos are made with Nikon D700, 24 mm lens.
    Any comments/feedback?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One panorama...-panorama.jpg  

Re: One panorama...

I think it needs to be wider at the bottom. The car on the right shouldn't be hanging out of the frame. Also I would clone the cars far right and left. Leave the yellow one.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Dear OlgaKa,

Thanks for posting. Pano's can be hard work. First off, I am not sure that this pano has a strong subject. If the shot is supposed to show urban congestion, more cars and people may be good. If it is a shot of buildings, I would opt out with no cars in the shot. It is important to set the exposure for the shot manually and keep it the same. However, if there are several stops of difference between left and right sides, this can become a challenge to stitch. In yours, the right side of the image is "blown" due to over-exposure. If you have an iphone or similar - you can get a lightmeter on them which helps figure out the "sweet spot" of exposure which may give you best chance of not blowing out the highlights. Nice stitching, though. This can be hard as well.

Thanks for comments!
    Actually I am new in photography and cropping, I'm just learning now. I will post new panoramas soon

Thread Information