Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

D90 Lens Compatability ?

Based on camera reviews I read I was considering eventually buying a D90 because of its alleged ability to work with older lenses. The other day I met a camera sales clerk that bought a D90 for that purpose. He claimed that he can't get accurate light metering with either the camera or external meters. He said he discussed it with the stores Nikon representative and the rep told him that it takes a lot of skill and intuition to compensate for light reading inaccuracies when using older lenses.

Other store clerks assert that customers are not reporting problems using old lenses on their D90s. Has anyone here found that older lenses don't work as well with the D90 than they thought they would ?

Re: D90 Lens Compatability ?

Almost all NIKON lenses work for the D90. The thing is non electric lenses will not connect with the D90's aperture dial. You will have to go back to using the sunny 16 rule when shooting.
    I shoot the d90 with many different nikon prime lenses with manual focus and aperture setting and I get great results.

Thread Information