Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

BH Photo International Orders

Hello,

Jerry here from Asia. just thought of sharing my 1st ever international order purchase experience with BH Photo.

Because of the current Canon rebate, i immediately purchase a canon 60d at a reputable site last August 2011. Since i read a lot of good reviews from b&h, decided to give it a shot.

After purchasing it on BH Photo, i received an email confirmation that i was charge(and authorize but not yet posted) on my credit card. A few days later, i received an email saying since this was an international order i need to send a photo of my credit card for verification. They said they already voided my initial transaction and awaiting the photocopy of my credit card.

After doing all this and a week later my order is still not processed and i could still see a floating amount on my credit card. Customer service says my bank denies any further transaction and i need to resolve the issue with my bank.

My bank says the transaction is not voided an BH photo is trying to double charge me which is why it is denying. Regarding the floating amount, i need to resolve with BHPhoto since they have not received any voided transaction or credit memo.

Went back to BhPhoto, and they said they already voided the transaction and my bank still denies the payment and i need to resolve the issue with the bank.

After a few calls with my bank and BHPhoto, i decided to wait few more days. And then called back my bank and BH Photo and still same issue. Both cannot resolve my issue and i need to resolve the issue with each other! f**k! It usually doesnt take this long to process an order.

After getting irritated for taking this long, i decided to cancel my order in the hopes that i can still purchase a new dslr with another website and still get the $100 rebates (ending at sept 3, 2011). I received a cancellation confirmation and blah blah blah that i will received a credit memo in 7-10 days. it's almost 20days and i still have not received my credits back and the bank says i need to resolve the issue with BHPhoto. BH Photo keeps saying they already voided the transaction and i need to resolve the issue with the bank.

I havent been able to use my credit card since then and could not purchase another canon dslr. Now, im sitting in the corner facing the wall.... sniff! my first dslr dream... gone. be waiting for another canon rebates in a few months again... Help?

read a few people having the same issue with international orders. any help would be appreciated.

:cryin:

Re: BH Photo International Orders

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    any help would be appreciated.
    I'd be happy to help but from the information here I cannot ID you or this transaction. Please email me with your order number and contact information so I can look into this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    I'd be happy to help but from the information here I cannot ID you or this transaction. Please email me with your order number and contact information so I can look into this for you.
    Thanks for checking in, Henry. It always makes me happy when I see you've stopped by to help one our members who has a B&H question or problem
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

thanks henry. already sent you an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Thanks for checking in, Henry. It always makes me happy when I see you've stopped by to help one our members who has a B&H question or problem
    Well, you know that goes both ways. It always cheers me to see a battery of photographyreview.com members raking and weeding and mowing my lawn on a weekend afternoon. :-)

Kidding aside -- I am always happy to help. Anytime you see something I've not replied to, feel free to send an email and I'll be here ASAP.

BTW - This happened twice today. After I posted a comment here the site said I'd be redirected back to this thread. When I was, I'd been logged out and had to log back in. Bug or feature?

thanks henry. already sent you an email.
    Okay. Here we go. When we received your order we queried your bank. That resulted in an authorization or lien whereby your bank reserved the money due to us, but did not actually transfer that money to us. Then, your credit card was declined, a matter which you have to discuss with the bank which issued that card.

The money never actually left your account and we never received it. What you need now is for your bank to lift the lien returning to you access to the funds which it had reserved for us but never sent to us. Normally we'd fax a letter to your bank for you telling them we're releasing the authorization but there seems to be some issue getting a fax number for the bank. So, I'm asking the person here who handles this to email the letter directly to you so you can convey it to your bank.

Finally, we'd still like to be able to help you buy the EOS 60D body you want. As soon as you and your bank have resolved whatever issue caused the original decline, let us know and we'll re-enter this purchase for you. I don't want to attempt to do so again until we've got your go-ahead because I don't want to start this process again unless we're both sure of success.

Kudos to henry and BHPhoto!!! thank your the excellent service!

i received the fax and have sent it to my bank.

Bank says:
    -they'll review and advised me to call back in 5 business days.
    -no guarantees since it's the merchant acquiring bank who should coordinate these to them.
    -they'll keeping the document and dispute the amount in case it got posted.
    -they still advised me to inform you to coordinate with the merchant acquiring bank.
    -they'll review and void the transaction if they can, depends on approval.

finally, at least it's now moving somewhere.

still in awe, jerry :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudos to henry and BHPhoto!!! thank your the excellent service!

i received the fax and have sent it to my bank.

Bank says:
    -they'll review and advised me to call back in 5 business days.
    Here's the ironic part -- by then the authorization (lien) will have expired of its own accord anyway.

Here's the ironic part -- by then the authorization (lien) will have expired of its own accord anyway.
    30days has passed it still has not expired. im still advised to wait for 5business days. I will check again next week monday.

Hi Henry, need your help again. Bank says there's no expiration date for the floating amount and said that BH photo should call HSBC authorization department to void this transaction. They cannot void the transaction from the the fax you gave me last week. And i am not authorized nor have any power to void this floating amount (from any documents sent from me). it has to be from BH Photo. They said you have their number and just call their authorization department.

I can use this fax and the cancellation confirmation to dispute the transaction if ever it gets posted to my account, but I cannot void the floating amount.

update: called my bank again and talked to customer service, they said they will only intervined at the 60th day if this transaction is still not handled.
    Last edited by jiro; 09-11-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Hi Henry, need your help again.
    In order to preserve your privacy I will not discuss this matter in a public forum. You need to reopen this inquiry with our customer service staff whose contact information I believe you have.

I will say this though -- I've been at B&H more than a decade and this is the first and only time I've ever seen a problem of this nature. It seems your bank's practices are the source of your difficulty.

Having said that I reiterate -- take this to email and contact our customer service team please.

thanks henry.

for everyone reading this topic

here's the same problem different company
    http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy...er/td-p/246744

*** out... going to check other forums how they got their issues resolved.

thanks again. bye.
    Last edited by jiro; 09-13-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Thread Information