Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Questions regarding CISS & Refillable Cartridges for Epson T60/R290 ...

Hi all .. I have an upcoming interest in photography, and I want to purchase a printer which in Asia is known as Epson T60 (or R290) ... To save money on printing costs, I'm looking into the possibility of hooking up this printer with a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) or use Refillable Cartridges .. Because these methods void the warranty (the first one does for sure at least), I have a few questions to ask if anybody here has used either of these techniques on Epson printers before:

1) My main concern with CISS is that I've heard that its only good for people who print a lot (e.g. people using the printer for commercial purposes, etc ..), because if you don't print anything for a few days then the printer head goes faulty, and you have to then either repair it (50% of it being repaired) or replace it with a new head, or else your printer is gone ! ... Is this true ?? .. So if I print like one a week or two weeks, my printer would be dead ?? Is there no way to avoid this ?

2) Does the above problem occur if I get refillable cartridges instead ? Would there still be a need to print at least a few times a week to keep the head and printer alive and working ?

3) Which of the two methods is generally better, in terms of quality, reliability, and safety for the printer ? ... Cost is not an issue for me ..

4) Does anyone know the model name for the US version of this printer ? .. If I know the model name/number of this printer's US version then I can will be able to google a whole lot more data ..

Right now in my area, I have to choose between either this printer, or the HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One (local model number is B110a), which actually has a lot of features, but I'm not sure if its print quality will be the same as Epson T60's (which is excellent by the way!) ..

So any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated ..

Re: Questions regarding CISS & Refillable Cartridges for Epson T60/R290 ...

Hi,

I am doing some research for a company looking to go into the CIS business, and was wondering if you had purchased the system you mentioned, if you would recommend it? You mention that the warranty becomes void on the systems you had looked at, would you have considered a system around that didn't do this?

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

banished

If my printer didn't function well, i hire an printing company to do the job, and i make sure that they'll do what i demand.

I have installed refillable cartridges in my Epson Workforce 1100. I have not had to refill any yet, but I will update this thread when I do. Everything is working fine now. I purchased the cartridges from Why Pay More? PrintPayLess ! via EBAY.

I am interested in CISS, but not sure that I want to go through the time and trouble to modify my printer. The warranty is already expired, so that is not an issue. Possibly in the future, I see the benefits on ease of refill. CISS for Epson 68/69 (5 Pack) : WorkForce 30, 310, 315,1100, Stylus C120.r shows the modification of a Workforce 30 printer.

Phil

I saw this on EBAY. Already converted, but seller accepts no returns! Makes me think he has low confidence in the product. EPSON workforce1100 , epson , printer , ink ,ciss , dye | eBay

This printer is available unconverted for around $100. If I try this, I will just buy a spare printer "just in case"

Phil

Thread Information