Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Zaca Station MX

Zaca Station MX

Here are a few from Zaca today. These are JPG edits on my 7 year old computer. Will do real edits later on!

Re: Zaca Station MX

Very nice series of photos! Look like the old computer did just fine, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    Very nice series of photos! Look like the old computer did just fine, Jeff

Okay good to know. Looks like some compression going on they are loaded at 1200 by so thats maybe too big!:mad2:

Nice ones, Ian! I like the second one the best because it's got some wheelspin. I think wheelspin is important for motorsports to help convery the motion. I also think a bit more depth-of-field to help show the roost better would help with these. Shallow depth-of-field can be cool but - like a lot of things - it's easy to overdo it.

Where is Zaca Station? Looks like a good place for throttle twisting. I never owned a dirt bike but I used to get to tag a long on borrowed bikes at Hollister sometimes. I don't think I've ever been as sore in my life as two days after a full day on the dirst bikes. Anyone who says riding a moto doesn't take fitness has never done it
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Nice ones, Ian! I like the second one the best because it's got some wheelspin. I think wheelspin is important for motorsports to help convery the motion. I also think a bit more depth-of-field to help show the roost better would help with these. Shallow depth-of-field can be cool but - like a lot of things - it's easy to overdo it.

Where is Zaca Station? Looks like a good place for throttle twisting. I never owned a dirt bike but I used to get to tag a long on borrowed bikes at Hollister sometimes. I don't think I've ever been as sore in my life as two days after a full day on the dirst bikes. Anyone who says riding a moto doesn't take fitness has never done it
    John, yeah thanks. I have been editing on the real computer will load re-edits soon. I was fighting the sun 2 580s at high noon demanded F4 or so. I mean hey I had a $6K dollar 200F2 I rented and still barley ever used it wide open!

Zaca is just off highyway 154 North of Santa Barbara in the very affordable town of Santa Ynez:cryin:

Some real edits some are same images and a few others....

The eys make that second to last one my favorite. Mirrored goggles are cool but I think they take away from photo potential.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information