Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Muse and Audience

Taken at a recent Muse concert in Brighton England. I think it captures the occasion reasonably well.
    Hope you agree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Muse and Audience-img_0203.jpg  

Re: Muse and Audience

Awesome, awesome band. I'm extremely jealous!

I have to confess, the photo doesn't capture a Muse gig for me. I've been to several and this photo does nothing to capture the sheer energy these guys unleash. The band are too far away, there's no movement; the crowd are just clapping they should be bouncing!

Nice try, get near the front next time!

Chris
    Currently playing with new S9500

No photograph will capture the multimedia onslaught that this band hits you with and I know mine don't. But it was my intention to include as much of the audience as possible. I shot these hand held without the use of flash and I would not manage that up in the mosh pit. Ever tried it. I have and it is hard enough to keep myself perpendicular no less try to keep a steady camera.
    Here's another one from that night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Muse and Audience-img_0182.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    No photograph will capture the multimedia onslaught that this band hits you with and I know mine don't. But it was my intention to include as much of the audience as possible. I shot these hand held without the use of flash and I would not manage that up in the mosh pit. Ever tried it. I have and it is hard enough to keep myself perpendicular no less try to keep a steady camera.
    Here's another one from that night.
    No, that's true. I did try holding a camera at a gig once, but it wasn't mine and didn't get many decent photos. The band on the occassion was Ash, by the way!

Personally I prefer the second image. It's instantly and obviously Muse! Roll on the new album...

Cheers,
    Chris
    Currently playing with new S9500

Thread Information