Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Wef Mma

Wef Mma

I didn't know what to do or expect really for this event. They told me I could shoot through the fence so I thought that ment I could shoot at the fence... wrong! When the first match started I got yelled at and was told I had to shoot leaning towards the fence about 2 -3 feet away from it. I wanted to shoot close because I knew AF would be horrid if I was that far back shooting through it and it was just that. Only the offical guy could shoot over the fence. I went up top for some shots also.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Wef Mma

I wish they had fence that black at race circuits, wouldn't get so much sunlight off it reducing the contrast on my shots. No, I don't get in the pitlane everywhere

Looks like you shot wide open with a longer lens to blur the fence?
    Worked well in 7, not so well in 6.

What's with the reds in #2, I've not seen blood that colour, even fully oxygenated.
    Nikon?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

It might be from the exposure being a little hot on that shot. Here's one showing the blood.

Mix of Canon 7D and 50D. Shooting wide open with the 24-70 2.8 didn't help much when the action was close.

This was the winner!

Smoosh! I think this was with the 85 1.8.

Looks like you had a combination of through the fence and over the fence. Yeah through the fence is tough. It is pretty easy when they are halfway across the ring or more. But if they are on the fence, it is way tougher. You get so much fence, you might as well include the fence. I shoot f4ish to make sure the fence is in there for the closer ones. It just looks more on purpose. A few of these are a bit dark. Your 2nd to the last one is a great shot, it just needs to get pumped up a little. #6 is good stuff too, just a bit dark.

They should make the fence matte black. Would be much better. Gloss white is the worst!

Thread Information