ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Cherry Blossoms in D.C.

My wife and I took my parents to Washington D.C. at the end of March. It wasn't much of a photo trip, but still a lot of fun. I almost left my DSLR kit at home, and I wish I would have. A small camera was all I really needed, and wanted to carry with me. The DSLR was just too much and when it becomes a burden, the photography really suffers. A small camera keeps things fun, and that's what it's all about. This was taken with the G9.

Here is a link to a pano of the tidal basin with the cherry blossoms in full bloom. Click and drag the image to see the entire thing, and you can zoom in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cherry Blossoms in D.C.-img_2838.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Cherry Blossoms in D.C.

I really like this. The title isn't even necessary as it's quite clear. The dof is great also. sorry, i'm in critique mode. love the blue skies!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Very nice Mike..Thanks for sharing.Your work never disappoints.

Rick

Beautiful shot

Thanks everyone. I wish I had more time to explore the National Mall. I would have loved to have been able to be there early in the morning and late in the afternoon for some good light, but I tried to make the best of the situation.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Mike, I like this shot but like the pano even more. These are to views I don't think I have ever seen before, nice work, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeff. That pano was created using the pano function on my G9 and stitched together in PS. It was pretty easy to do, even hand held. I wish I had taken more panos while I was there.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Thread Information