Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: wall art?

wall art?

There is something i liked about this wall I kept going back to it so i took a few shots of it. Does anyone else like them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wall art?-_dsc1294-edit-edit.jpg   wall art?-_dsc1297-edit.jpg  

Re: wall art?

I like the top one though I think it needs skewed straight.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Love the wall, color is fantastic, but I agree with Greg each shot needs a little bit of correction of the perspective distortion.

First one is great with the contrast of the window and the shade of the lamp/camera

Love the first one. Just correct the perspective and you got yourself a winner! :thumbsup:

what i love about the 1st one is the shadow. really makes it that much better. And the blue square and how it contrasts with the orange. great white square around that too. It's just pretty much perfect imo.

probably one of my favorite shots on the critique forum.

well done.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Thanks LeeIs, armando, jetrim, and Greg. I will correct it as you have said. It is funny how your eyes see things, but your mind does not know why you like it. thanks again for the help.

I think the presentation suffers because the images abut each other. Those abstract kinds of images need white space around them.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Very nice!

Love the first one - the message about a window and a security camera - one high tech and one low - seems in perfect balance.

Can you shoot from further away with a longer lens to minimize the perspective issue? If I were you, I'd keep going back to this location for different looks.

Great find.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Ivan, both of these are pretty good. I find myself that I like the second shot even better than the 1st.

I think the simplicity and layout of the second shot works. The diagonal shadows on the lower left corner area is cool, and also the fact that we can see inside the window in this one and the added dimension it brings is a plus.

The first shot is very cool, but I agree that some perspective correction would help, and also i think a bit more space around the edges especially the top where the security camera is very close to the top frame.

There is certainly an appeal to this wall and I see what attracted you to it. The large panels with rivets and the smooth texture and color. The shadows really help add to the appeal as well.

I agree with Loupey in that going back and shooting some more in various compositions might bring about some more great images here.

Well done.
    Last edited by gahspidy; 04-11-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Sticking as Featured Photo April 11, 2011
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

congrats on the sticky!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Congratulations on the sticky!
    I agree with Gary about the 2nd shot,the window..it's a portal.Seeing inside is a big plus. Great color,light,shadow play.This is a very good find with(in my opinion) more opportunities within.A lot of excellent and constructive feedback on this one.Good stuff! :O)

Rick

Thank you Don, Loupey, Leels, Starriderrick, and Gahspidy. I will go back and do a retake and thanks for the sticky. I will make the changes that you have all mentioned and thanks again.

Love the first photo! Simple but the color and style of the background was well emphasized. Would be a perfect background for some photo shoot.

The picture of wallart is really very good and the colors are also really fantastic.
    nautical wall art

Thread Information