Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Graceland Gazeebo

Went out to Graceland Cemetery last weekend ...this one was my favorite. Any comments?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graceland Gazeebo-gazeebo-2.jpg  

Re: Graceland Gazeebo

Its pretty good, I like it. It looks almost like an IR film process. Good comp. nice tones and light. Great that the tree sorta frames the gazebo and that nothing is in front of or sticking out behind it. The sky is a good wintry dark which helps set off the subjects.

Only suggestion would be to do a slight perspective correction. the two side columns of the gazebo are tilting inward from perspective/lens distortion and a slight adjustment would do the trick

Nice one
    Last edited by gahspidy; 02-21-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Sticking as Featured Photo. February 21, 2011
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I like the composition in this. The tree and the gazebo interact pretty nicely in this. I also like your b&w tones. The harsh shadow of the tree, I think adds to this as it helps the tree frame the gazebo even more. nice one.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Gary, thanks on the perspective correction suggestion - I did it - and I think you were right.

Liban, thanks for the comments.

congrats on the sticky!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

GB1

Strong geometry, good placement of the gazebo in the frame, and the black and white works. The footprints also work, though they're not very prevalent. The only thing that bothers me about this image is the background stuff, which to me clutters it up. It would be stronger if it were clear back there, but .. What can you do!

Congrats on your sticky, BTW

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information