Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Sony DSC-T900 vs Canon Powershot S95

Well, I currently own the Sony DSC-T900 for almost a year already, and I just realized the current price of Sony DSC-T900 is near with the Canon Powershot S95. And I tried comparing it their specs via a comparing site, however, I'm not that good with cameras, so well, as compared, T900 is better than S95 even the fact that its cheaper. So well, I'm confused whether to get S95. Cause, it wouldn't be worth selling off my T900 for a lower price just to get S95. I was considering on the GSeries of Canon, but well its kinda big for me, the salesman advice me to go for S95 if so.. I don't know, DSLR is too big for me. So yeah.. Any advices or opinions? Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony DSC-T900 vs Canon Powershot S95

If you already have the T900, why are you interested in changing cameras? In the off chance the S95 is better? Anyway, I'm not sure myself, I havent used either. I'm just curious what prompted you to want to change cameras.

*edit - did a bit of looking into it, the S95 is pricey primarily due to its wide angle maximum aperture of f/2.0, which is really fast and capable of very low light. It also has manual exposure controls, which the T900 does not. If it were me, I'd pick the canon. But, why not just stick with the one you have?

But, the Sony is certainly a lot more stylish, those folded optics sony cam's are pretty slick looking.

Thread Information