Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thumbs down Adorama - Used Department - Horrible Service!

Selling used equipment - Just a note to anyone who is thinking about doing this. The process is more lengthy than they tell you and the initial quote they give you when you call is what the end quote is (which is very, very low); however, on top of that, they neglect to tell you that they are only going to offer you 70% of that quote. I'm assuming that they feel once they have the equipment you are more likely to just go ahead with the sale. Also, trying to get a straight answer or have anyone answer your calls and or e-mails is next to impossible once they have your equipment in hand. I am without my old camera or my new camera and I cannot get anyone to call or answer my messages or e-mails. This is very frustrating and from the looks of posts on this forum and others, this is a standard practice for them. It is basically a bait and switch scam. They tell you that it will be a certain amount of time and a certain dollar amount for your used equipment and then once they receive it they come up with excuses and change everything around. Bottom line...don't sell your used equipment to Adorama and, based on my experience, I will not be purchasing from them either.

Re: Adorama - Used Department - Horrible Service!

I sent in a camera and the response online was actually pretty good. The offer was terrible. Also, they kept my Nikon F4 cap which Drove me nuts but, I was just happy to have my camera back. The process did take about 4 weeks.
    Marco Arreguin

All critique/advice welcome.
    Growing every day.

They told me one week total. Again, total bait and switch. I just want my camera and lenses back and in the same condition as I sent them. I am actually worried at this point. I had a bad feeling about it because the first person I spoke with was rather abrupt and rude, but I didn't listen to my gut. I should have. Lesson learned. Hopefully I will receive my equipment back soon. Very frustrating!

Re: Adorama

Quote Originally Posted by Shancasper
    They told me one week total. .... I just want my camera and lenses back and in the same condition as I sent them. I am actually worried at this point. .....Hopefully I will receive my equipment back soon. Very frustrating!
    I am more sorry than I can say; please PLEASE email me directly asap, so I can firstly check out who has been dealing so very badly with this, and secondly so I can ensure safe return of your equipment, myself: HelenO@adorama.com

If you could email me the quote number, plus the date and time of the call you made - plus the number you called from - I will be able to ID the rep you spoke to.

Once again, please accept accept my deepest apologies, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Quote Originally Posted by DGK*CRONE
    I sent in a camera and the response online was actually pretty good. The offer was terrible. Also, they kept my Nikon F4 cap which Drove me nuts but, I was just happy to have my camera back. The process did take about 4 weeks.
    Please email me with more details and I'll either get the cap traced and returned to you, or have a replacement ordered for you.

Thank you Helen! I have sent you an email with the details.

Talking Re: Adorama - Used Department - Horrible Service!

Helen -
    Thank you so much for your assistance. I have spoken with Meyer and he has done an excellent job of resolving all of my issues. I will have my new camera by Tuesday morning. After some investigation and spending a significant amount of time on the phone today, the secondary issue with the order not going out on time appeared to be a problem with Adorama's check out system and Pay Pal's over zealous system blocking the transaction. This part was not the fault of either of the gentlemen at Adorama that I was dealing with. Today Meyer went above and beyond by coming in on a Sunday to help me with my order and by extending me a very generous discount, which I appreciate very, very much. I am very pleased with the outcome and applaud you for stepping up and helping me get this resolved. I will say that the customer service provided to me today was excellent. Thank you again for your help. I appreciate it very much!

Re: Adorama - Used Department

Quote Originally Posted by Shancasper
    Helen -
    Thank you so much for your assistance.......I am very pleased with the outcome and applaud you for stepping up and helping me get this resolved. I will say that the customer service provided to me today was excellent....
    I am so pleased to hear that it was put right for you, and again want to say how sorry I am that you were inconvenienced.

Please do hold onto my contact details in case I can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

Thread Information