Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

A Little Slice of Havana

From early this year. I still have a ton of photos to go through from that location.
    Some PP, and crop. Any comment or critique welcome as always!

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: A Little Slice of Havana

For some reason I'm thinking it may be better in vertical crop. Still, I like the mood of this photo. Good the color (the warm color in the far end vs the cool tone in the foreground), the sharpness and the details where it counts. Wish the light from that doorway on the right weren't blown like that though.

Just Lurking

Liban,

Great mood - a definite slice of life shot. I'm curious to see what it would look like cropped from one side or the other so that the focal point isn't so centered. Have you tried removing the blurry shapes in the middle?

PC

AE, I never thought to crop it vertical. thanks for the suggestion, even though, I'll probably lose a lot of pixels if I do that. Yeah, I couldn't control that light. Even though I shot it in RAW I overexposed it beyond retrieval. thank you

PC, I already cropped from the right side a bit as it was a little too centered. I thought I moved the subject to a proper place, sad to hear you still think it's centered. No, I never tried removing the motion blur in the middle but i'll give it a go. thanks for the suggestion
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

Excellent, excellent. I really want some leading lines of light into the shot, but that is a quibble.

I love the crop but agree cloning the ghostly figures would help.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

A very intriguing shot. The ghost figure is somewhat bothersome, but I really like the dark figure at the end of the alley to the left. The first doorway light is extraordinary, love it. I do wish the clear figure leaning on the car was doing something besides drinking from a bottle, or at least the moment could have been different. But maybe you had no control of that or could not do multiple shots.
    But, overall, this is a really nice shot. Good job.

GB1

Very nice. I like the sharpness and contrast, and the way the alley creates a vanishing point. The cab works well, also. Somehow, I think that it would be better if the person wasn't blurred as it is, but you can't have everything

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

thanks daq.

thanks greg. yeah, they're starting to bother me too , they as in the figures that are blurred out.

arne, yeah the person leaning on the car is my friend, i said strike any kinda pose you want and that's what he went for. lol. it's an extremely long shutter speed so i'm glad he held his pose for that long. thank you.

thank you gb1
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Very nice night shot

other than the blurry people I like everything else

there is a lot of interesting contrasts in the image :
    this stree is dark and the building are neglected they look like falling apart, while the building at the end is well lit and well cared for

the nearly scary ambience of the street vs the bright blue of the car

the obvious modern quality of the image vs the last century look of the architecture

Thread Information