Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Chasing Robin

Chasing Robin

I spent many hours chasing this Robin around, every time I got close and got him in focus he decided together fly or run off what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chasing Robin-rsz_1rsz_dsc_1655.jpg  
    Victoria

http://www.victoriapaxton.co.uk

http://twitter.com/#!/vphotos

I'll Critique yours if you Critique mine

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Chasing Robin

Worth the chase !
    It would look great if we had some sunlight instead of the grey clouds over the last week.
    But then you'd have problems with deep shade under the tree and harsh shadows, you'd need a fill-in flash then.
    I like that the bird is not centred, and the framing with the branch at the top.

Have you tried stalking the Red Kites yet?
    Always when I'm on the way home without a camera, I find 4 or 5 on the A4074 from Reading to Oxford. One day I'm going to try chasing them about ...
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Blondie, this is wonderful. Love it. The colors are excellent and the framing of the bird within the tree branches and leaves is perfect.
    Unfortunately, your cameras settings alone cannot give you a bit more exposure on the bird and a bit of light in the eye. A bit of dodging and burning would really go a long way. . .
    The sharpness of the bird is adequate.
    Nonetheless, you have a great eye for composition and the dedication to do what it takes to get the shot.
    The chase well worth it.
    Congrats on the Sticky!:thumbsup:
    Last edited by gahspidy; 05-09-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Sticking as Featured Photo. May 9, 2010
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Excellent shot, most worthy of a feature, congratulations.
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Thank you for all the brilliant feed back.....and wow its a featured photo :smilewinkgrin:
    Victoria

http://www.victoriapaxton.co.uk

http://twitter.com/#!/vphotos

I'll Critique yours if you Critique mine

Grats on the stick. Well done. Personally I like to see more contrast, but that would probably require PP which is against your aesthetic apparently.

GB1

He's photo shy I am glad you got it, and it shows you have the perseverance to get your shot. As I read somewhere, it doesn't matter if you take 1 or 1000 shots, all that matters is if you got 'the' shot.

Now, down to biz. I like the image but think that the composition could be different: maybe a vertical format? The fellow may be too centered in the frame, also. Good blurring of the background as that helps to separate him from the branches, but the shallow DOF only did (can do) so much here, and you can see that the branch behind him intersects (bisects) him a bit. Still, much better to get the shot before he flies than try to maneuver too much and not get the shot at all. Nice color. I would consider brightening up the image in your favorite post processing application a little too, just not too much.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Grats on the sticky. But so PP work could make this even more dramatic.

Thread Information