Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Better camera than the Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR for £150?

Is there a better camera than the Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR for £150?

Slightly off-topic, but it's a shame the videos it produces are 640x480 mono.

Re: Better camera than the Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR for £150?

Did my reply to your last post help? Is that how you discovered the F200EXR? In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the article I wrote on the F200EXR when it was announced. I haven't had a chance to use it, but I really like the looks of it:

Fujifilm Finepix F200EXR - Image Quality vs. Resolution

Because it has Fujifilm's EXR sensor, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a comparable camera with better image quality - especially for £150. Is that what the F200EXR is selling for in the UK? Or are you looking for something less expensive? Here in the US, the Canon PowerShot S90 sells for the same price, and I have been really amazed with its performance. The image quality is wonderful for a point-and-shoot and it's surprisingly good at high ISO settings. Here's a short article and video I made about the S90:

Canon PowerShot S90 Video Preview

Note: like the Fujifilm FX200EXR, the video capability of the S90 is very limited. If video is a high priority I really think you should be looking at the Panasonic ZS3 / TZ7 and the other pocket superzooms.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Smile Re: Better camera than the Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR for £150?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Did my reply to your last post help? Is that how you discovered the F200EXR? In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the article I wrote on the F200EXR when it was announced. I haven't had a chance to use it, but I really like the looks of it:

Fujifilm Finepix F200EXR - Image Quality vs. Resolution

Because it has Fujifilm's EXR sensor, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a comparable camera with better image quality - especially for £150. Is that what the F200EXR is selling for in the UK? Or are you looking for something less expensive? Here in the US, the Canon PowerShot S90 sells for the same price, and I have been really amazed with its performance. The image quality is wonderful for a point-and-shoot and it's surprisingly good at high ISO settings. Here's a short article and video I made about the S90:

Canon PowerShot S90 Video Preview

Note: like the Fujifilm FX200EXR, the video capability of the S90 is very limited. If video is a high priority I really think you should be looking at the Panasonic ZS3 / TZ7 and the other pocket superzooms.
    The F200EXR is £175-£180 on Amazon UK, and Fujifilm are offering a £30 cashback offer throughout December on top of that, so £145-£150.

Thread Information