Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Flowers

Flowers

These are some shots I took of flowers that caught my eye, I think the ants add a little to the pictures. Would love to hear what you think of the shots. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flowers-cimg0722.jpg   Flowers-dsc03934.jpg   Flowers-dsc04670p.jpg   Flowers-dsc04728.jpg   Flowers-cimg3710.jpg  

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Flowers

Each has its own positives and negatives.
    It is better to only post one picture at a time unless you want to compare two versions.

I'll start with the last one which is one of the two best.
    You have some amazing depth of field for shooting at f/2.8 here. Is it a crop?
    I usually have problems when people let parts of flowers go off frame but it isn't so bad on this one. Nice lighting and it appears your point of focus was the top flower which works for me. The bright green background object is distracting.
    The next one up is interesting because of the variety of color and so many ants.
    Focus and light are good. I think the composition would be stronger if you pulled back a bit but then the ants wouldn't show as well.
    Nice light on third one up. I think it is framed too tightly and could use some space.
    In fourth one up,( second from top), if you clone out the background bud on right, it wouldn't be a distracting factor.
    Top one is too soft and part of it is leading off frame at bottom which is not good with and individual subject like this.
    Glad you're sticking around.

Edit: I think you could do some fairly easy cloning on the top one so that piece leading off frame is gone.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information