Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

New member help needed: EOS 350D wont put date on images

Hello everyone,
    Would someone be able to help with this problem? The date and time are set correctly, it will not appear on the image.

Thanks,
    DJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member help needed: EOS 350D wont put date on images-10-31-09-004-medium-.jpg  

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: New member help needed: EOS 350D wont put date on images

Welcome to the Forum. The date is recorded in the EXIF data of the print, but it does not appear on the print. I took a quick look through the manual for the 350D. From what I can tell you can set it up so the date is printed on the photo if you are printing at home, but it's a setting you need to turn on during the printing process. Check out the printing options starting around page 124 of the manual.

If you want to see the date stamp on the photo before printing, my guess is you will need to add it manually using a photo editing program like Photoshop. I don't believe it is an option you can set in the camera.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Even if it is an option, you are better off not having it. There are times when the date may show up right where you do not want it. When adding it during processing, you have total control regarding font and location.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

MN Shutterbug is right. Even if you do find a way to add it in the camera, I wouldn't. One of the easiest ways to improve a photos is to not have a date stamp on it.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information