Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR vs. Canon S90- Please help me decide!

I know the Canon S90 just came out and it's hard to judge how good IQ is going by the small amount of sample images to judge, but so far I'm not blown away. I really wanted to be though, because I love the look, size, ability to take great night shots, image sensor size and that due to the lens speed you can get a good shallow depth of field....

but, the sample images not being as detailed as I've seen from the F200EXR is stopping me from going for it so far.

If you could only pic one of these cameras, which would it be? Do you think I will be able to get detailed shots like these with the S90? Assume for the sake of argument that both cameras are the same price.

Re: Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR vs. Canon S90- Please help me decide!

I have the Fuji F200 EXR and the Fuji F70 EXR. Between those two cameras, the 200 has the sharper images. Today I bought the Canon S90, and without a douby, the Canon takes the better pictures in low light. If I had to keep one, it would be the Canon. That being said, I find the position of the shutter button and the dial to be backwards and awkward. Also it's so easy to put your finger on the pop-up flash when it pops up. I own a variet of P & S cameras,10 all together now, but the Canon clearly does the best job in low light. I'll just add that my Casio H10 is my next favorite camera...but it doesn't have the same low light capabilities as the Canon. I considered the Sony WX1, but when I saw the image samples of the Canon I decided to buy it

Thanks for the reply, gulfmiss. Do you think the S90 beats the F200EXR in well lit situations, or do you need more time to play with it?

I've only had the S90 for a day but so far, I'd say it's the winner. If I knew how to post the pictures that I took with it, I would. I still like the Fuji 200 EXR though, and find it easier to use just because of the placement of the buttons. The Canon's buttons are awkward to me. Good luck!

Thread Information